12 ounce Elbow Macaroni Pasta (we used whole wheat)
1 1/2 tbsp butter
medium white onion chopped
1/4 cup flour
2 cups skim milk
1 cup fat free chicken broth (you could use vegetable broth too)
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredder is easier)
8 ounce frozen broccoli florets
8 ounce frozen cauliflower florets
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Spray large baking casserole dish wit cooking
2. Cook pasta, broccoli and cauliflower
together in large pot of boil water.
Follow directions on pasta box.
3. In a skillet, melt the butter. Once melted add the onion. Let the onion cook until translucent.
4. Add flour to the onion mixture. Cook until flour is golden.
5. Add milk and broth. Mix well - heat at medium to high and wait
for mixture to boil.
6. Let mixture cook for 5 minutes - add
salt and pepper for taste.
7. Remove mixture from heat. Add cheese and mix well until the cheese is
8. Put the pasta and veggies into the
baking dish. Add the cheese sauce. Mix well.
Make sure the cheese sauce covers all the pasta and veggies.
9. Top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan
10. Bake uncovered for 15-20
minutes. Serve hot! Enjoy!