6 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp molasses
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp dried ground mustard
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Place dried apricots in a bowl. Cover apricots with water and let soak for at least 1 hour. I found that about 90 minutes was best.
2. Once apricots are re-hydrated, drain water from bowl and create an apricot puree/paste using a food processor or blender.
3. In medium sized pot combine all of the ingredients - ketchup, vinegar, molasses, apricot paste, water, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well.
4. Bring ingredients to a boil and then lower mixture to a simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes - stir occasionally.
5. Let marinade cool. Place chicken in a zip lock bag and pour cooled marinade over the chicken.
6. Seal bag and let chicken marinate for at least 1 hour before serving - I always let my chicken marinate over night for better flavors.
7. Grill chicken until completely cooked through - about 8 minutes on each size.
8. Serve over brown rice and enjoy!