is a very popular Indian milk based dessert recipe. At Indian weddings and other special occasions, Ras Malai is commonly served. Though rich in texture and flavor, it can be made easily at home. Try this simple and easy to follow Ras Malai recipe today.
- 2 lbs Cows Milk or Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 32 oz half & half milk
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp crushed green pistachios
- Mix the cheese with sugar and little cardamom powder and spread out on a baking tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until it sets. It should not get brown.
- Remove from oven, cool at room temperature and cut into 2″ squares. Place them in a dessert bowl.
- Mix the other ingredients, except the pistachios well in a separate dish and pour over the squares.
- Decorate with pistachios, chill for 2-3 hours and then serve.