1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp horseradish
1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme, or 1 t. dried thyme
1 1/2 cups coarsely ground geoduck meat
1 cup sliced green onions, including some of the green
1/2 cup mixed chopped bell peppers
3 cups peeled, coarsely grated russet potatoes
3-4 tbsp olive oil
Slivered green onion, minced cilantro and lemon wedges, for garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper, lemon zest and thyme; mix until evenly combined.
2. Add clams, green onions, bell pepper and potatoes. Stir mixture until all ingredients are lightly coated with the sour cream mixture.
3. Add the olive oil to a heated, large nonstick skillet. Add the hash to the pan, cover and cook over med. heat for 7-10 min, or until hash begins to brown on the bottom.
4. Turn it over. Cook, uncovered, on the second side until browned on the bottom, 5-7 min.
5. Turn hash out onto serving platter, garnish with minced cilantro and slivers of onion and put lemon wedges around edge.
Ashley's Recommendations: You can make smaller individual hash cakes also, which are easier to flip and serve.