Chocolate Mint Patties (adapted from momontimeout.com)
1/3 cup light corn syrup
5 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 tsp. mint extract
1/2 tsp salt
green food coloring
4 cups powdered sugar
10 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1. Combine the corn syrup, softened butter, mint extract, salt and a few drops of green food coloring in a small bowl. Stir until well combined.
2. Stir in the powdered sugar one cup at a time until mixture becomes stiff and difficult to stir.
3. Add a bit more of the powdered sugar, and mix, using your hands (or the bread dough attachment on a stand mixer), adding additional powdered sugar as necessary until the dough is a consistency that no longer sticks to your hands.
4. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten the balls with the bottom of a cup to make small discs.
5. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until fully melted.
6. Dip the candies into the melted chocolate using two forks and tap on the edge to release any extra chocolate.
7. Place back on the parchment paper and place in refrigerator until the chocolate is set.