posted Oct 21, 2012, 6:02 AM by Reading NWIRC
updated Mar 28, 2013, 11:35 AM
By Denise Krebs
Here are my top ten reasons for becoming a connected educator.
10. Score Free Stuff
9. Get More Resources
8. Meet New Friends, Inspiring Teachers, and Join a Virtual Teachers' Lounge with Much Less Whining
7. Network Broadly
6. Practice Literacy! Write. Write. Write. Read. Read. Read.
5. Learn for a Lifetime
4. Develop Leadership
3. Celebrate Diversity
2. Make a Contribution to the World.
1. Do it for Students! Students! Students!
How to begin your Connected Educator journey.
However, having said that, here's what I'd suggest:
step at a time. Everyone needs to take their own path. Don't let anyone tell
you there is only one way to becoming a connected educator.
- Get a Twitter account with your real name, update your profile and add a picture.
- Read other blogs through an RSS reader.
- Dare to comment on a few blogs.
- Start writing on a blog or school website. Share the URL with people.
- Create content and share it with the world.
- More ideas here and here.
You can see illustrations of each of these in my presentation: