RCCL = Radio Command Control Language
The main objective is to build a radio transmitter, much more flexible and powerful than commercially available products.
Some simple ideas:
- to program a transmitter you need a programming language, not just many parameters within a program you cannot change
- use your PC to write and check the program and enjoy a real display+keyboard
- the program is a text file,easy to document with comments, easy to backup
- a high level transmitter that is easy to build
- no limit: number of mixers, complexity of a mixer , flight conditions
- each pilot choose is own standards : theses are the "modules"
- at the flying site, you can change any parameter without the PC
- build a transmitter with easily available components and few electronic experience (soldering wires is nearly enough)
- this project is Open Source
- use any number transmission modules :
-PPM :FM because I have a lot of FM receivers, 2.4G from Jeti Duplex because they make tiny receivers for my gliders and clever telemetry orother modules with a PPM input
-your own development . I believe in a modular approach and I want to split the transmission module and the corresponding receiver
- version 1 (V1) was the prototype, developped within the discussion group http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/rcopensource where several people provided a lot of help. Many thanks!
- version 2 is stable, I fly with this radio since 0ctober 2009. It replaced my MC24...a success !
- version 3 was a development at INRIA https://gforge.inria.fr/projects/rcclv3, this is a french research institute
- version 4 is my new radio for 2012,, with theses improvements:
- do any program correction without a PC (I fly often on a slope, far from my car...)
- easier interface with a graphic touchscreen display
- full integration of the Jeti sensors within a speech synthesis - no display for telemetry