I'm interested in... (as of 2013)
- Jogging - I've done three marathons this year and hope to do more. This seems to be my hobby of the year right now.
- Hiking - So far my hardest hike was Camp Muir for my 40th birthday in June 2013. It's 10,000ft high up Mt Rainier. My favorites last year were Granite Mountain(3,800ft) and Mailbox Peak(4,100ft).
- Bicycling - Rode 80 miles the weekend of 5/17/2013. I biked around 2000 miles in 2012 including big group rides from Seattle to Portland, 100 miles up and down Mt. St. Helens, and one from Redmond to Bellingham.
- Fitness - This year I've also tried CrossFit, kayaking, rollerblading, and running training.
- Personal Finance - Credit report is empty with nothing owed. I don't care what my score is because I never plan to borrow again. Thanks DaveRamsey.com!
- Christian stuff - I enjoy Saturday morning men's group at Gold Creek Church and have made the last four annual weekend retreats with them. I'm curious and open to other religions and perspectives too.
- Singles - I like to meet new women friends. Typically from work, meetup.com, ThreeStepDating.com, and friends of friends. I haven't figured out what to do with them once I meet them though.
- Groups - Discussions and outings. Anything from hobbies on meetup.com, church groups, singles groups, whatever. The first month at my new job I joined Weight Watchers and ToastMasters to meet more work people.
- Counseling - I've seen multiple counselors for years and plan to continue. I like studying emotional health and sharing with groups.
- Travel - Last November I drove myself from Seattle to Mexico and spent a week there alone on my bicycle. I pedaled 100 miles inside Mexico and one place I stayed was a shared hostel bunk for $15/night. I want to do more travel like that, hopefully in India.