NOW IS THE TIME TO GET A COACH FOR THE 2016 SEASON! ATHLETES NEED TO BEGIN LATE FALL STRENGTH TRAINING, THEN TRANSITION INTO AEROBIC BASE BUILDING TO BE READY TO RACE IN LATE SPRING. CONTACT ME AND WE'LL MAKE SOMETHING WORK!
With over 22 years coaching experience, Coach John Houfek coaches athletes of all abilities, from beginner to the most experienced, serious athletes. Coaching in individual sports - swimming, cycling or running - is also available. Coaching is based on a holistic approach that includes training in all three sports, nutrition advice, and comprehensive full-body strength and core conditioning that are all phased into an annual plan for best individual results. Raven Triathlon Coaching offers very competitive rates and daily athlete feedback. For a fee, new athletes can receive video analysis in all three disciplines included in the start-up package.
Coach Houfek has lived, coached and competed overseas and in multiple states within the United States. Local and virtual coaching services are offered depending on current athlete load and space availability. Rates are very competitive and tailored packages are available to suit individual athlete requirements. Your training plan will be unique to you, and you alone.
Certifications, services and accomplishments include:
- Certified USAT Level I Coach
- Certified American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level II Masters Swim Coach with decades of swimming experience
- Tailored coaching services, video analysis in all three triathlon disciplines, as well as individual sports available upon request
- USAT All American Athlete (last five consecutive years) with a proven training approach. Raven Triathlon Coaching will help you attain
- Custom-designed training plans available for all distances, Sprint to Ironman
- Current and prior athlete testimonials available on line
- Triathlete since 1981
- Kona qualifier and finisher
- Qualified Member Team USA 2013 (London) and 2014 (Edmonton)
- #2 American in Military Olympics (CISM Triathlon)
- Results of 37 races 2009-2014: 29 Age Group Wins; 8 Overall Master Wins; 21 Top 10 Overall
Education: Master's Degree
Contact RavenTri1@gmail.com to discuss coach availability, your goals and how we might team up to realize them!