Welcome to the IEEE RAS Student Chapter of UB-SUNY Buffalo !!!
General Body Meeting - 11/6/14 - 6:30 P.M. See flyer below for more details.
The IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Student Chapter for University at Buffalo- SUNY (RAS@UB) has officially been approved and is open to all undergraduates and graduates of SUNY-UB to join and learn ongoing developments in the field of robotics. This chapter offers students from diverse backgrounds at SUNY-UB a first-hand opportunity to get involved, participate, contribute, share their experience and eventually, gain real-world knowledge and experience in the vast area
of robotics and automation. Though, this is a chapter supported by IEEE
Robotics and Automation society, it is open for people from diverse
backgrounds (engineering, science and even, non-technical) along as you
have an interest and are looking to learn something new and fun. This
student-run independent chapter will primarily serve to initiate public
interest, education outreach and provide means to directly or help find
support for exceptional projects in the areas of robotics, mechatronics
and automation. For this to open, we wish to
encourage graduate and undergraduate students first to become of part
of RAS@UB and explore this new field from varied perspectives. We are
currently in the process of charting out the events in the near future
including training programs, technical seminars from industrial and
academic experts, robotic competitions, networking events and many more.
We envision to build strong multidisciplinary student groups that are not only adept at the technical know-hows of robotic systems, but also get involved in hands-on projects and problems for fun-learning exploration in this area.
This website will list all the information you need to know with respect to our chapter including current chapter members, future events, how to gain memberships, upcoming projects and many more interesting "cool-stuffs" about robotics !!! We are currently in the process of updating some of these sections and so, please come back to see in near future for the updated info. Meanwhile, if you are interested to know more and/or willing to join the RAS@UB chapter, please contact our RAS@UB President, Michael Anson (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Student membership in the IEEE Robotics & Automation Society allows you to connect with over 11,000 professionals and other students in this fascinating field around the world, RAS offers benefits that span a lifetime. By joining as a student you can take advantage of all that is offered.
With access to exclusive resources, the RAS Student Activities Committee (SAC) offers:
· Occasions to broaden your knowledge base through meetings and interface with leaders of academia and industry.
· Opportunities to enhance career development through internships, jobs and networking.
· Collaboration and information exchange with peers through special events, including those at conferences such as IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) and IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS).
· Student focused social media groups.
· Student Branch Chapters and Local Chapters in over 40 countries, which hold meetings and educational programs.
· The Student Review Program, which introduces students to the reviewing process in a controlled and supervised way.
· Access to leading industry publications:, I and .
· Exclusive opportunity to subscribe to the RAS Digital Conference Library, which includes current and archival proceedings of all conferences sponsored or cosponsored by the Society.
RAS strives to be a resource for undergraduate and graduate students because YOU are the future of robotics and automation!