Girl Scout troops, Boy Scout Troops, Students of all ages, Businesses, Families, and Individuals are invited to get involved and support our mission at Rochester Area Neighborhood House. Your group can raise funds or help support our clothing, food, and seasonal programs in many ways. We are always open to new and creative ideas. Feel free to contact us through email, through our contact us page or call us during our business hours from 8:30am to 3:30pm at 248 651-5836. Get involved and make a difference in your community by supporting Rochester Area Neighborhood House.
Activities for Groups or Individuals:
- Visit our wish list page and do a clothing or food drive in your neighborhood, school, or place of worship to collect the items needed to support our programs
- Use your Kroger Card to raise funds to support our programs that assist families. See http://www.krogercommunityrewards.com to sign up.
- Adopt a family at Christmas and help them experience the joy of the Christmas season. Provide children in a family with holiday gifts and let them know they matter and are as important as any other child in any other family during the holidays.
- Collect school supplies for our Back to School School supply program held each fall at the Clothes Closet. A family's crisis should not impact a child's ability to obtain and have the supplies they need to start a new school year. Watch for our school supply list to be posted in July.
- Hold a bake sale, spaghetti dinner, pancake breakfast, or garage sale where the proceeds of the sale go to keep the heat and lights on in a family's home that is in danger of shut off.
- Sponsor a Neighborhood walk in your neighborhood. We have neighborhood walk materials available for you to use to make this a fun and easy event to plan and execute. See Neighborhood Walk
- Hold a dance or movie night and collect a food or clothing item from our wish list as part of the event.
- Host a holiday dinner, luncheon, or BBQ inviting friends and family to gather and enjoy each others company with the added benefit of knowing they are helping someone else in crisis by bringing a donation to your gathering.
- Host a birthday party for your family member who has everything and needs nothing except the joy of celebrating with others. Ask the guests to bring a birthday gift from our birthday room wish list and provide a gift to a child whose family is not in a position to celebrate their birthday this year. See Birthday Room Ideas for a list of items we need for our birthday room.
- Sponsor our 3rd annual Scare Away Hunger run/walk and Autumn Familly Event on October 26, 2013 See Scare Away Hunger.
- Sponsor the Rochester Ballroom Spotlight Gala, benefiting Rochester Area Neighborhood House at the Royal Park on September 29, 2013. Join us as an event sponsor, band sponsor or table sponsor.