Recipe from Random Cuisine
Makes about 12-16 bars
Crust recipe adapted from Joy of Baking
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Refrigeration Time: 30 mins
Baking Time: 35 mins
Chilling Time: 1 hour
Sweet Pastry Crust
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 cups flour, sifted
1 pinch salt
5 lemons, juiced with 2 tsp of zest
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup plain yoghurt or sour cream
1. In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add in sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually incorporate beaten egg while whisking. Add in the flour and salt, beat until it forms a dough-like texture.
3. Flatten dough and wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 30 mins until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 400F.
5. Transfer dough to lightly butter and flour 13'' x 9'' baking pan. Press dough onto bottom and up the sides of the baking pan, about 1/4-inch up. Prick bottom dough with a fork.
6. Bake for 5 mins. Reduce oven temperature to 350F for 15 mins until golden brown. Remove from oven, let it cool.
7. Meanwhile, prepare filling. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, lemon juice, zest, sugar and yoghurt.
8. Pour filling to the baked dough.
9. Bake for 15 mins until firm. Do not overbake as the filling may crack. Cool completely and refrigerate until well chilled.
10. Sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into bar sizes. Serve.