Recipe from Random Cuisine
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Baking Time: 20-25 mins
2 1/2 cups large or quick rolled oats
1/3 cup cranberries/raisins
100g pecans, roughly chopped
1 tbsp flax seed
1 tbsp wheat germ
1/3 cup margarine (or butter)
2/3 cup brown sugar (or muscovado sugar)
4 tbsps maple syrup (or dark corn syrup)
2 cinnamon sticks
1. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Turn stove top to medium heat. In a small saucepan, melt margarine and incorporate the brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon stickes. Stir mixture until sugar has melted. Cook syrup for 5 mins. DO NOT BOIL THE SYRUP.
3. Remove cinnamon sticks. With a spatula, incorporate syrup to the dry ingredients.
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. Lightly oil bottom of a 8-inch square baking pan. Line a parchment paper.
6. Transfer granola mixture to the prepared pan. Bake for 20 mins.
7. Take pan out from the oven...
7.1 For granolas, let it cool for 20 mins, spoon some of the warm granolas, serve over Greek yoghurt.
7.2 For granola bars, cut into rectangles after 20 mins of cooling, let it cool completely about 1 1/2 hours.