- 2005, PhD Economics, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- 2003, "Marie Curie" Research Fellow, University of Munich (LMU), Seminar for Economic Theory
- 1998, MSc Economics and Philosophy, London School of Economics
- 1997, BA Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Books, academic reports and working papers in competitiveness policy
- The Competitiveness of the Spanish Economy. A bird's-eye view of the four largest Euro Area economies. IESE WP-1088-E (2013)
- Competition and Regulation Reforms in Spain. Mimeo. (2013)
- Competitiveness and evolution of the Spanish current account balance (in Spanish). Joint with Xavier Cuadras and Jordi Puig (2009). Colección Estudios, 216, Ed. Consejo Económico y Social
- Competitiveness, productivity and innovation in Spain. An International and across-sector perspective" (in Spanish). Joint with Laia Castany (2009). Estudios Cotec, 36.
- The evolution of the relative quality of Catalan Exports (in Catalan) Joint with Xavier Cuadras and Jordi Puig. Government of Catalonia, (2008), Quaderns OME-ACC1O, no. 7.
- International Business Trends and Investment Opportunities in new EU Member States (in Catalan) Joint with Xavier Cuadras. Government of Catalonia (2007), Estudis OME-ACC1O, no. 8.
Key contributions to official Spanish Government policy papers
- Economic Report of the President of Spain 2010 (in Spanish). Main author of the chapter on competitiveness and internationalization.
- Economic Report of the President of Spain 2009 (in Spanish). Co-author of the chapter on innovation.
- Spain National Reform Programme 2010-2011 Co-author.
- Spain National Reform Programme 2009 (in Spanish). Co-author.
Academic papers and working papers
- "Umbrales de pobreza e ingresos salariales en Filipinas, México y Polonia. Una comparativa con España" (joint with Jordi Puig). 2009. Estudios Económicos de Desarrollo Internacional / Economic Studies of International Development, Vol. 9-2. (Downloadable as working paper)
- Reliable Expertise with Communication - submitted
- Principal's Self-Confidence in a Dynamic Agency - revise and resubmit in RAND Journal of Economics
- Media Location and Political Influence - submitted
- The Competitiveness of the Spanish Economy -- A bird’s-eye view on the four largest Euro Area economies, mimeo.
Contact informationRamon Xifré
Escola Superior de Comerç Internacional (ESCI-UPF)
Pg. Pujades 1
08003 Barcelona (Spain)
Tel. (+34) 93 295 47 10 - ext. 203
Fax. (+34) 93 295 47 20