POMPANO BEACH HOLIDAY PARADE THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2016
Parade staging begins at 5:45 P.M. along North Riverside Drive and the south end of the Municipal Parking lot across the street from the Sands Harbor Hotel. RMS BAND has been assigned staging number 22 for the parade. The parade begins at 6:30 P.M.; therefore, parents can drop off their children anytime between 5:30 - 6:15pm. Students should be in parade formation by 6:00 P.M. for warm-ups.
DIRECTIONS TO PARADE:
From Atlantic Boulevard:
According to Parade officials, no one will be permitted to drive across the Intercoastal Bridge to the beginning of our parade staging area. Parents can park at the end of the parade and walk their children to the staging area. It is not a long walk from the end of the parade to the starting area. The parade will end on NE 22 Avenue at McNabb Park. Parents may park at the end of the parade and walk their children to the starting point. There is plenty of parking in the back parking lots of Wells Fargo, Bank of America and Chase Banks, which are located along the 2400 block of East Atlantic Boulevard.
Take Atlantic Blvd east to Federal Highway (US 1). Make a left and head north. Turn right onto 14th Street Causeway. There will be a Shell Gas Station on the corner. Go over the Intracoastal Bridge and make your first possible right which is North Riverside Drive and follow almost a mile. The staging area will be on your left.
From Royal Palm: Take Royal Palm (in which its name changes to Copans Road, east to Federal Highway (US 1). Make a right and head south. Turn left onto 14th Street Causeway. There will be a Shell Gas Station on the corner. Go over the Intracoastal Bridge and make your first possible right which is North Riverside Drive and follow almost a mile. The staging area will be on your left.
Points to remember:
1. Students need to be in complete band uniform with band shirts tucked in black pants. Students need to have dark socks with black shoes. Correct uniform or you won’t march! No exceptions.
2. Students should eat dinner prior to the parade and bring a water bottle to the parade.
3. Students are to leave their instrument cases in their parent’s car.
4. There are no restrooms along the parade route; therefore, students need to use the restroom prior to arriving at the parade.
5. Parents are encouraged to drop off their children at the beginning of the parade and park their car towards the end of the parade. The parade will end on NE 22 Avenue at McNabb Park. Parents may park at any of the Bank Parking lots towards the end of the parade.
Parents must meet their children at the conclusion of the parade to avoid them being unsupervised. Parents will need to provide Mr. Nista a note if you are allowing the kids to go and find you along the parade route.
Feel free to email me at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.