News and Announcements
2. March 17 and 18 - District Concert Band Evaluation at Dillard High School - This event is for Honors, Symphonic and Concert Bands! It is our most important event of the year!
Monday, 3/2 - Jazz Band #2 from 8-9am.
1. We are less than three weeks away from District Concert Band evaluation. This is our most important performance of the year!
As we begin to prepare for Districts, The Honors and Symphonic Band will have one mandatory rehearsal a week until our performances. The Symphonic Band will rehearse on Wednesday mornings and the Honors Band will rehearse on Thursday mornings. Rehearsal begin promptly at 8am. Feel free to drop your children early as I get to school by 7:30 every morning.
2. The Symphonic band will have their Pre Festival Concert on Tuesday, March 3 in the RMS Cafeteria. The Symphonic Band will perform from 4:15 - 5:45 and the Honors Band will perform from 6:00 - 7:30 pm. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT PERFORMANCE!
3. We will conclude our "Bandopoly" Fundraiser this week. Please turn in all your donation by Thursday, March 5th as we are rewarding our top producers with a pizza party on Friday, March 6th.
4. Piano accompanists have been coming in this week to work with students. I encourage students to work on their solos so they do not waste the first opportunity with their piano players. Unfortunately with my FBA responsibilities I will not be able to see any students after school during the week of March 2nd.
Week of 3/2:
Tuesday, 3/3 - No Jazz Band rehearsal due to
Pre Festival Concert - Symphonic Band 4:15 - 5:45 and Honors Band from 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Parents are welcome to attend. Mr. Williams and Mr. Proctor will assist after our performance.
Students are to wear their Band Shirts, jeans and sneakers.
This is just a "dress rehearsal" concept and not a formal concert.
Wednesday, 3/4 - Symphonic Band from 8-9am. (Mandatory)
Thursday, 3/5 - Honors Band from 8-9am. (Mandatory)
Friday, 3/6 - Raider Band rehearsal 8-9am in band room. Beginning Percussion with Mr. Mann 8-9am
Solo and Ensemble help with Mr. Nista 4- 5:30
Monday, 3/9 - Symphonic Band 8-9am
Tuesday, 3/10 - Honors Band 8-9am
Wednesday, 3/11 - Symphonic Band 8-9am
Thursday, 3/12 - Honors Band 8-9 am
Friday, 3/13 - Raider Band
Monday, 3/16 - Honors Band 8-9am
Tuesday, 3/17 - Honors Band 8-9am
Honors Band performance at Dillard HS 5:00 PM (parents please attend if possible)
Wednesday, 3/18 - Symphonic Band 8-9am
Symphonic Band performance at Dillard HS 2:15 PM (parents please attend if possible)
Upcoming Events1. Tuesday, March 3 - Pre Festival Band Concert at RMS Symphonic Band 4:15 - 5:30; Honors Band 5:45 - 7:30
Welcome RMS Band Members!
I hope all of you have had a wonderful summer and are looking forward to a musical school year.
Rmsband.org for IMPORTANT INFO
A.) Students do not need their instrument
for the first two days of school.
B.) Parents of our Beginning Band students are
encouraged to attend a meeting on Tuesday,
August 26, 2014 at 6:30 pm in the band room. We will discuss the instruments selection
process and important information dealing with our program.
a pencil and an agenda for the first day of school. Students
are encouraged to purchase a school agenda for $5.00. Students are to mark all morning rehearsal dates that
apply for marching and jazz bands. In addition, they are encouraged to mark
their calendars for all concert and parade dates.
D.) Symphonic, Concert and Honor Band Students will need to purchase a folder containing clear sheet inserts (or transparent inserts) to keep their music in during the school year. This is especially important for those students performing in jazz band and marching band.
E.) We will rent out lockers to members of the Symphonic, Concert and Honor Bands on Wednesday, (8/20) during the student's class time. Lockers are rented for $5.00 for the school year. Beginning band students will rent out lockers (after Labor Day vacation) once they decide what instrument they are playing.
Feel free to email me at any time. My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The direct line to the band room is 754 -322-4331. An answering machine is always on. Please do not leave any phone messages in the front office.
1. Classroom/Office supplies:
A.) Paper for music copies - white or light colored paper. The paper must be 20lb for our copier.
B.) Paper TowelsC.) Liquid hand soap/sanitizer.
D.) Mouthpiece sanitizer spray available at music stores.
E.) Water for concerts and parades.
F.) Reeds for woodwinds such clarinets, saxes , oboes and bassoons. (Medium soft)
G.) Valve oil and slide grease for brass players.
H.) Jumbo paper clips
I.) Liquid paper, white out tape
2. Save your BOX TOPS - We collect Box Tops for Education!