News and Announcements
RMS BAND TRIP TO Magic Kingdom, Orlando, Florida
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
5:30 am Students are to report to RMS Bus Circle for 6:00 am departure. There is no need to arrive any earlier.10:00 am Approximate arrival at Magic Kingdom, Orlando, Florida.
1:30—1:45 pm Students must report to Mr. Nista at Space Mountain. Students will get dinner vouchers and any needed instructions.
5:15—5:30 pm Students are to meet at entrance of park for departure.
10:00 pm Parents are to pick up their children at RMS.
The following information is important:
1. Park t-shirt will be given to students on Tuesday. They must wear this shirt on the bus trip to Magic Kingdom and throughout the day in the park. This is to help chaperones identify our students. It is recommended that students wear comfortable footwear.
2. Students must always walk in groups and must never walk alone. Chaperones will have you walk with them if you are by yourself.
3. Students should bring warm clothing for bus trip home as the busses tend to get cold with the air condition.
4. Students will get a lunch voucher when they get off the bus and also a dinner voucher when they report to Mr. Nista at Space Mountain at 1:30. Students must be careful not to lose the vouchers as Magic Kingdom allows only one voucher per student.
5. The bus drivers will stop at rest stops to and from our trip. Students may bring money to purchase snacks/breakfast on the way up to Orlando. However, the stop on the way home is intended for restroom use only.
6. There is to be no eating or drinking on the bus per bus policy. There is no need for students to bring video games/ electronics on the trip as we have a history of students loosing these items in the past.
7. Students are to talk to their parents about budgeting as souvenirs and snack are expensive in the park.
8. Students are expected to follow all Broward County School Board policies. Parents will be notified of any inappropriate behavior during the trip, regardless of time.
Please e-mail Mr. Nista if you have any questions or concerns.
RMS Band performs The National Anthem
Florida Marlins vs. the Baltimore Orioles on Friday, May 22, 2015
The RMS Band is preparing to perform the National Anthem on May 22nd at Marlins Park, which is located at 501 Marlins Way in Miami, Florida; 33125.
Parents may pick up their tickets during band rehearsal on May 21 between 4pm and 5:30 pm or during the school day from 9:15 - 3:45 on Friday, May 22nd. Performing students will get their tickets once we have played the National Anthem and put our instruments away.
This is the itinerary all students will follow for the performance:
1. Students should wear their long jeans and sneakers to school on the day of the performance. They can choose to wear their band shirt to school or fold their band shirt neatly and keep it in their back pack. I do not have a place to store everyone’s shirts during the school day. Parents may drop off their children’s shirts when the students are eating pizza from 3:45—4:15.
2. Students must bring their backpacks onto the bus with them. The school alarm will be on once we get back from the game. Students will get their back packs on Tuesday, May 26th if they leave them in the band room.
3. The parent association is serving pizza and cookies for the students immediately following school. Students should bring $3.00. Food will be served to 4:15pm.
4. Trombones, French Horns, Baritones, Tenor and Bari Saxes will load their instruments first onto the truck as soon as school lets out.
5. Sousaphones and percussion must help load their instruments on the truck following the low brass and French Horns.
6. Trumpets, Alto Saxes, Flutes, Oboes and Clarinet players will bring their instruments onto the school bus with them. They will place their instruments on the truck following our performance.
7. Students must use the restroom following dinner and prior to getting on the buses. It will take at least an hour or more to get to the stadium.
8. Bus list is alphabetically. Mrs. Fox will post the bus list on the morning of the trip. NO CHANGES WILL BE MADE! Don’t even think about asking!
9. Your parents will sit on the last two buses if they purchased a bus ticket. Parents do not have assigned buses. They just need to find a seat on either bus.
10. We should return home between 10:45—11:30pm. You may call your parents once we leave the stadium and are heading home.
11. Your instruments must go home with you as the school alarm will be set . (I do not have an alarm code)
12. Make arrangements to take your instruments home with you.
Email any questions to Mr. Nista John.firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Thank you to parents and students whom have donated supplies to our program. With Band Camp less than a month away, we are always in need of the following supplies:
We would appreciate any of the following office supplies:
A. Ink for our printer. Brother MFC J6920 DW
B. 20 lb paper - White, light blue, beige or green.
C. Paper Towels, liquid hand soap
D. White out (roll on; not the liquid)
E. 8 oz bottled water for our Marlin game trip - The kids will appreciate it!
2. We are having National Anthem rehearsal on Tuesday, May 19th and Thursday, May 21st in preparation for our Miami Marlins performance. Rehearsals will end
between 5 - 5:15
A. Bring a snack to eat after school.
B. Bring a water bottle
(Parents will sell water/candy after school - Students should bring a couple of dollars).
C. Wear a light colored shirt, shorts, sneakers, cap and sunglasses.
3. Students are reminded Band Camp is scheduled June 8th through June 19th. Final placement for next year's band will be done at the conclusion of camp. Please turn in your camp forms by the end of the May.
Week of 5/18:
Monday, 5/18 - Jazz Band #2 from 8 - 8:30 and Jazz band #1 from 8:30 - 9am
Tuesday, 5/19 - Honors-Raider Band 8: 00- 9:00am
NATIONAL ANTHEM rehearsal 4:00 - 5:15 outdoors
Wednesday, 5/20 - Band Trip to Magic Kingdom
Thursday, 5/21- No morning rehearsal
NATIONAL ANTHEM rehearsal 4:00 - 5:15 outdoors
Friday, 5/22 - Honors-Raider Band 8: 00- 9:00am
Marlin Game - Buses leave at 4:45!
1. Wednesday, May 20th - End of the Year Band Trip - Magic Kingdom
2. Friday, May 22nd - National Anthem - Marlins Game
3. Tuesday, May 26th - Beginning Band's End of the Year Concert
4. Thursday, May 28th - Raider Band, Symphonic, Concert, and Honor Band's End of the year Concert at JPT.5. BAND CAMP 2015 - June 8th through June 19th.
Welcome RMS Band Members!
I hope all of you have had a wonderful summer and are looking forward to a musical school year.
Rmsband.org for IMPORTANT INFO
A.) Students do not need their instrument
for the first two days of school.
B.) Parents of our Beginning Band students are
encouraged to attend a meeting on Tuesday,
August 26, 2014 at 6:30 pm in the band room. We will discuss the instruments selection
process and important information dealing with our program.
a pencil and an agenda for the first day of school. Students
are encouraged to purchase a school agenda for $5.00. Students are to mark all morning rehearsal dates that
apply for marching and jazz bands. In addition, they are encouraged to mark
their calendars for all concert and parade dates.
D.) Symphonic, Concert and Honor Band Students will need to purchase a folder containing clear sheet inserts (or transparent inserts) to keep their music in during the school year. This is especially important for those students performing in jazz band and marching band.
E.) We will rent out lockers to members of the Symphonic, Concert and Honor Bands on Wednesday, (8/20) during the student's class time. Lockers are rented for $5.00 for the school year. Beginning band students will rent out lockers (after Labor Day vacation) once they decide what instrument they are playing.
Feel free to email me at any time. My email is: email@example.com
The direct line to the band room is 754 -322-4331. An answering machine is always on. Please do not leave any phone messages in the front office.
1. Classroom/Office supplies:
A.) Paper for music copies - white or light colored paper. The paper must be 20lb for our copier.
B.) Paper TowelsC.) Liquid hand soap/sanitizer.
D.) Mouthpiece sanitizer spray available at music stores.
E.) Water for concerts and parades.
F.) Reeds for woodwinds such clarinets, saxes , oboes and bassoons. (Medium soft)
G.) Valve oil and slide grease for brass players.
H.) Jumbo paper clips
I.) Liquid paper, white out tape
2. Save your BOX TOPS - We collect Box Tops for Education!