News and Announcements
The following are the results for the performing members for District Jazz Band evaluation on Thursday, April 7th.
The policy of the Florida Bandmasters is that no more than 25 students are to perform on stage for Districts or the school will be disqualified. I have listed 23 names below. We still need a Tenor 2, possibly Trumpet 4, and could use a back up drum set as I feel we need in case of an emergency. (we really need two students to step up to fill out this band!)
Everyone is permitted back in the jazz band following Districts. I absolutely hate the 25 member rule! I can't tell you how much I enjoy teaching this group! I just can't fight this rule!
See everyone below on Wednesday, February 17th for rehearsal!
Alto 1- Fasano, Peter and Martinez, Valentino
Alto 2 - Lalance, Jaimie and McGurn, Isabelle
Tenor Sax - Ulman, Zach
Bari Sax - Webster, Connor
1st - Castillo, Sarah and Braga, Adrian
2nds - Grant, Alexis and Weiss, Michael
3rds - Kulauzidis, Nick and Gouveia, Wilson
4th - Luke Meitz
1st - O'Campo, Jeff and Sloan, Rachel
2nds - Mckenna, Kayleigh and Wong, Madison
3rds - Korenic, Mckenzie and ???? (still need to listen to Juan Sanabria)
Piano - Rivera, Christopher
Bass - Stambaugh, Josh and Saavedra, Adrian
Drum Set - Moore, Landon
1.) I want to acknowledge the efforts of the RMS Marching Band for outstanding performances in the Coral Springs Holiday Parade on Wednesday, December 9th and the Macy's Holiday Parade at Universal Studios on Friday, December 11, 2015. Congratulations to all students for performing so eloquently. I am proud of all of you!
Check out the Ramblewood Middle School Band's Facebook page for a recap of our trip and performance to Universal Studios.
2. The RMS Beginning Band's will perform their Winter Concert on Tuesday, December 15th in the RMS Cafeteria.
Beginning Band students will follow this schedule:
6:00 PM - Period 5; 6:45 - Period 6 7:30 - Period 1
A.) Students should be seated 10 minutes prior to the concert for roll. Students grade will be lowered if they walk into the concert when the band has begun playing the concert.
B.) Students must wear their RMS Band shirt (part of their grade); jeans and sneakers.
C.) Students may play multiple concerts for extra credit.
D.) This concert is part of the band curriculum and is worth 33% of the student's nine week grade.
3. The RMS Honors Band and select members of the Symphonic and Advanced Band will perform at our local elementary schools on Wednesday, December 16th.
A.) The band room opens at 7:15 am and busses leave at 7:50 AM
B) Ramblewood Elementary School performance 8:30 -9AM
C.) Maplewood Elementary School performance 9:45 - 10:15 AM
D.) Coral Square Mall Lunch 10:45 - 12:30
E.) Riverside Elementary School performance 1 - 1:30 PM
F.) Students must be in class at RMS by 2:15
G.) Honor Band students must bring their stands for Silent Night, Charly Brown and Christmas Rock.
4. The Marching, Honors, Symphonic, Advanced and Jazz bands will perform in their Winter Concert on Thursday, December 17th at JP Taravella HS. The concert begins at 7 pm and will end at 9PM. Students should wear their "Sunday Best." Students should have white or light colored shirts(boys need to wear a tie), black dress pants and dinkles.
Girls are NOT to wear skirts or dresses.
5. The RMS Marching Band is performing for the RMS Faculty and Students on Friday, December 17th for our annual Holiday Assembly. Performances are 1st, 5th and 6th periods. Students are to wear their band shirts, jeans and sneakers.
Monday, 12/14 - Jazz Band #2 rehearsal 8-9 am.
Tuesday, 12/15 - Jazz Band #1 rehearsal - 8-9 am.
Wednesday, 12/16 - Jazz Band #2 rehearsal - 4:00 - 4;45 pm.
Thursday, 12/17 - Jazz Band #1 8-9 am.
Friday, 12/18 - No am rehearsal but RMS marching band is performing for students and faculty periods 1, 5 and 6.
1. Tuesday, December 15th - Beginning Band's Winter Concert at RMS (scheduled printed above. Please read announcements #2.
2. Elementary School Tour - Honors Band and and select members of Symphonic and Advanced bands.
3. Thursday, December 17th - Winter Concert at JP Taravella HS for Symphonic, Advanced, Honors, Jazz and Marching Bands. 7pm.
4. Friday, December 18th - School Assemblies for RMS Marching Band periods 1, 5 and 6
WISHING everyone a safe and happy HOLIDAY!
Welcome RMS Band Members!
I hope all of you have had a wonderful summer and are looking forward to a musical school year.
Rmsband.org for IMPORTANT INFO
A.) Students do not need their instrument
for the first two days of school.
B.) Parents of our Beginning Band students are
encouraged to attend a meeting on Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 6:30 pm in the band room. We will discuss the instruments selection
process and important information dealing with our program.
a pencil and an agenda for the first day of school. Students
are encouraged to purchase a school agenda for $5.00. Students are to mark all morning rehearsal dates that
apply for marching and jazz bands. In addition, they are encouraged to mark
their calendars for all concert and parade dates.
D.) Symphonic, Concert and Honor Band Students will need to purchase a folder containing clear sheet inserts (or transparent inserts) to keep their music in during the school year. This is especially important for those students performing in jazz band and marching band.
E.) We will rent out lockers to members of the Symphonic, Concert and Honor Bands on Wednesday, (8/26) during the student's class time. Lockers are rented for $5.00 for the school year. Beginning band students will rent out lockers (after Labor Day vacation) once they decide what instrument they are playing.
Feel free to email me at any time. My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The direct line to the band room is 754 -322-4331. An answering machine is always on.
Please do not leave any phone messages in the front office.
1. Classroom/Office supplies:
A.) Paper for music copies - white or light colored paper. The paper must be 20lb for our copier.
B.) Paper TowelsC.) Liquid hand soap/sanitizer.
D.) Mouthpiece sanitizer spray available at music stores.
E.) Water for concerts and parades.
F.) Reeds for woodwinds such clarinets, saxes , oboes and bassoons. (Medium soft)
G.) Valve oil and slide grease for brass players.
H.) Jumbo paper clips
I.) Liquid paper, white out tape
2. Save your BOX TOPS - We collect Box Tops for Education!