News and Announcements
Monday, 3/16 - Honors Band rehearsal 8-9:00 am (Mandatory)
1. District Band evaluation will be held at Dillard High School this Tuesday, March 17th and Wednesday, March 18th. I am really proud of the efforts of members of the Symphonic and Honors Band. I know they will perform well.
This is our most important event of the year and the performance that you would want to listen to. Parents please try to be in attendance to support our children.
Tuesday, March 17th - Honors Band performing at 5:00 pm
Wednesday, March 18th - Symphonic Band performing at 2:00 pm
2. The grading period ends this Thursday, March 19th. Students have had plenty of time to address make up requests on any of their grades. The last opportunity for makeups is 7:30 - 7:45 am on Thursday, March 19th as my grades will close at 8:00 am. I am not available any other time this week as we prepare for District Band evaluation.
Week of 3/16:
Tuesday, 3/17 - Honors Band rehearsal 8-9:00 am (Last morning rehearsal for Districts...thank you for your efforts!)
Honors Band performance - 5:00 pm at Dillard High School.
Wednesday, 3/18 - Symphonic Band rehearsal 8-9:00 am (Last morning rehearsal for Districts...thank you for your efforts!)
Symphonic Band performance - 2:00 pm at Dillard High School.
Thursday, 3/19 - Final make ups for any grades 7:30 - 7:45 am (Early Release)
Friday, 3/20 - Enjoy Spring Break!
1. Tuesday, March 17 - District Concert Band Evaluation for HONORS BAND at Dillard High School (5:00 PM) It is our most important event of the year!
2. Wednesday, March 18 - District Concert Band Evaluation for SYMPHONIC BAND at Dillard High School (2:00 PM) It is our most important event of the year!
Welcome RMS Band Members!
I hope all of you have had a wonderful summer and are looking forward to a musical school year.
Rmsband.org for IMPORTANT INFO
A.) Students do not need their instrument
for the first two days of school.
B.) Parents of our Beginning Band students are
encouraged to attend a meeting on Tuesday,
August 26, 2014 at 6:30 pm in the band room. We will discuss the instruments selection
process and important information dealing with our program.
a pencil and an agenda for the first day of school. Students
are encouraged to purchase a school agenda for $5.00. Students are to mark all morning rehearsal dates that
apply for marching and jazz bands. In addition, they are encouraged to mark
their calendars for all concert and parade dates.
D.) Symphonic, Concert and Honor Band Students will need to purchase a folder containing clear sheet inserts (or transparent inserts) to keep their music in during the school year. This is especially important for those students performing in jazz band and marching band.
E.) We will rent out lockers to members of the Symphonic, Concert and Honor Bands on Wednesday, (8/20) during the student's class time. Lockers are rented for $5.00 for the school year. Beginning band students will rent out lockers (after Labor Day vacation) once they decide what instrument they are playing.
Feel free to email me at any time. My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The direct line to the band room is 754 -322-4331. An answering machine is always on. Please do not leave any phone messages in the front office.
1. Classroom/Office supplies:
A.) Paper for music copies - white or light colored paper. The paper must be 20lb for our copier.
B.) Paper TowelsC.) Liquid hand soap/sanitizer.
D.) Mouthpiece sanitizer spray available at music stores.
E.) Water for concerts and parades.
F.) Reeds for woodwinds such clarinets, saxes , oboes and bassoons. (Medium soft)
G.) Valve oil and slide grease for brass players.
H.) Jumbo paper clips
I.) Liquid paper, white out tape
2. Save your BOX TOPS - We collect Box Tops for Education!