News and Announcements
Tuesday, 3/31 -Jazz Band #1 rehearsal 8-9:00 am
Monday, 3/30 - Jazz Band #2 rehearsal 8-9:00 am
1. District Band evaluation was held at Dillard High School on Tuesday, March 17th and Wednesday, March 18th. I am really proud of the efforts of members of the Symphonic and Honors Band. They both performed well..
The following were our ratings at DistrictHonors Band - (Stage) - Superior - Superior - Superior; Sight Reading - Superior; Student Conductor (Kelsey Parente) Superior
Symphonic Band - (Stage) - Excellent - Superior - Excellent; Sight Reading- Superior; Student Conductor(Renatta Vespa) Superior
2. District Jazz Band Evaluation will be on April 9, 2015 at Dillard High School. Members of Jazz Band #1 and Jazz Band #2 will receive their Field Trip permission slip early this week. Students are reminded of our Jazz Band Pre fest on Tuesday April 7th from 4:15 - 7PM (Mandatory)
3. Students are reminded of Solo and Ensemble on April 17 and 18. Piano players will be coming in to work with students. I am available Tuesday through Friday for help this week. Sign up will be tomorrow, March 30th.
Week of 3/30:
Wednesday, 4/1 -Jazz Band #2 rehearsal 8-9:00 am
Thursday, 4/2 - Jazz Band #1 rehearsal 8-9:00 am
Friday, 4/3 - NO School
1. Tuesday, April 7th - Distraict Jazz Band evaluation at Dillard High School (Times TBA)
2. Friday, April 17 and Saturday, April 18 - Solo and Ensemble at Ramblewood Middle School.
Welcome RMS Band Members!
I hope all of you have had a wonderful summer and are looking forward to a musical school year.
Rmsband.org for IMPORTANT INFO
A.) Students do not need their instrument
for the first two days of school.
B.) Parents of our Beginning Band students are
encouraged to attend a meeting on Tuesday,
August 26, 2014 at 6:30 pm in the band room. We will discuss the instruments selection
process and important information dealing with our program.
a pencil and an agenda for the first day of school. Students
are encouraged to purchase a school agenda for $5.00. Students are to mark all morning rehearsal dates that
apply for marching and jazz bands. In addition, they are encouraged to mark
their calendars for all concert and parade dates.
D.) Symphonic, Concert and Honor Band Students will need to purchase a folder containing clear sheet inserts (or transparent inserts) to keep their music in during the school year. This is especially important for those students performing in jazz band and marching band.
E.) We will rent out lockers to members of the Symphonic, Concert and Honor Bands on Wednesday, (8/20) during the student's class time. Lockers are rented for $5.00 for the school year. Beginning band students will rent out lockers (after Labor Day vacation) once they decide what instrument they are playing.
Feel free to email me at any time. My email is: email@example.com
The direct line to the band room is 754 -322-4331. An answering machine is always on. Please do not leave any phone messages in the front office.
1. Classroom/Office supplies:
A.) Paper for music copies - white or light colored paper. The paper must be 20lb for our copier.
B.) Paper TowelsC.) Liquid hand soap/sanitizer.
D.) Mouthpiece sanitizer spray available at music stores.
E.) Water for concerts and parades.
F.) Reeds for woodwinds such clarinets, saxes , oboes and bassoons. (Medium soft)
G.) Valve oil and slide grease for brass players.
H.) Jumbo paper clips
I.) Liquid paper, white out tape
2. Save your BOX TOPS - We collect Box Tops for Education!