News and Announcements
Monday, 4/13 - First Day of FSA testing; no morning rehearsals. Band room is closed as Mr. Nista has to
ATTENTION BRASS CHOIR: Your scheduled performance has been changed to 7:50 PM on Friday. We will meet in the Library at 7:30 to warm up and tune. The performance will be in the Media Center. (Invite your parents)
1. Congratulations to the RMS Jazz Bands (#1 and 2) for receiving SUPERIOR ratings at District Jazz Band evaluation at Dillard High School on Thursday, April 9th. Mr. Nista is very proud of their accomplishments!
2. Students are reminded of Solo and Ensemble this Friday and Saturday, April 17 and 18. Due to FSA testing, piano players will not be coming in this week. I am available Tuesday, Wednesday (until 5pm) and Thursday for help this week. Sign up is posted for Tuesday and Thursday. I will post Wednesday's sign up on Monday.
3. We may be in need of several parent volunteers for Solo and Ensemble. Please email Mr. Nista with day and times if you are available. Solo and Ensemble is from 5 - 9:30 on Friday and 7:30 - 5:00 on Saturday.
4. Mrs. Fox has just informed me of 11 available seats on the Band Trip. First come, first served.
Week of 4/13:
be in the Media Center to prepare the room for testing.
Wednesday, 4/15 - Woodwind Choir 8- 9:00am
Thursday, 4/16 - Woodwind Choir 8-8:30am and Brass Choir 8:30 - 9:00am
Friday, 4/17 - Raider Band 8-9am
1. Friday, April 17 and Saturday, April 18 - Solo and Ensemble at Ramblewood Middle School.
Welcome RMS Band Members!
I hope all of you have had a wonderful summer and are looking forward to a musical school year.
Rmsband.org for IMPORTANT INFO
A.) Students do not need their instrument
for the first two days of school.
B.) Parents of our Beginning Band students are
encouraged to attend a meeting on Tuesday,
August 26, 2014 at 6:30 pm in the band room. We will discuss the instruments selection
process and important information dealing with our program.
a pencil and an agenda for the first day of school. Students
are encouraged to purchase a school agenda for $5.00. Students are to mark all morning rehearsal dates that
apply for marching and jazz bands. In addition, they are encouraged to mark
their calendars for all concert and parade dates.
D.) Symphonic, Concert and Honor Band Students will need to purchase a folder containing clear sheet inserts (or transparent inserts) to keep their music in during the school year. This is especially important for those students performing in jazz band and marching band.
E.) We will rent out lockers to members of the Symphonic, Concert and Honor Bands on Wednesday, (8/20) during the student's class time. Lockers are rented for $5.00 for the school year. Beginning band students will rent out lockers (after Labor Day vacation) once they decide what instrument they are playing.
Feel free to email me at any time. My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The direct line to the band room is 754 -322-4331. An answering machine is always on. Please do not leave any phone messages in the front office.
1. Classroom/Office supplies:
A.) Paper for music copies - white or light colored paper. The paper must be 20lb for our copier.
B.) Paper TowelsC.) Liquid hand soap/sanitizer.
D.) Mouthpiece sanitizer spray available at music stores.
E.) Water for concerts and parades.
F.) Reeds for woodwinds such clarinets, saxes , oboes and bassoons. (Medium soft)
G.) Valve oil and slide grease for brass players.
H.) Jumbo paper clips
I.) Liquid paper, white out tape
2. Save your BOX TOPS - We collect Box Tops for Education!