2. Students received permission slips for District Band evaluations. Students need to turn those in early this week.
Performance times have been announced for District Band Evaluations at JP Taravella HS.
Honors Band - Tuesday, March 18th at 6:00 pm
Concert Band - Wednesday, March 19 at 1:30 pm
Symphonic Band - Wednesday, March 19 at 4:30 pm
will be asked to wear formal wear with boys in tie and long sleeve,
button-down shirt and dress slacks and shoes. Girls are asked to wear a
light colored blouse with dark slacks.
Students will need their instruments and music.
3. The RMS Honors Band welcomes Professor Shelby Chipman from Florida A&M University in Tallahassee on
Thursday, March March 13th. All students are asked to be early for rehearsal (I'm in school daily by 7:15 the latest)
Schedule of events for the week of 3/10/2014
Monday, 3/10 - Honors Band Brass and Percussion Sectional (graded) 8-9am
(includes any woodwind that missed their sectionals)
Tuesday 3/11 - Symphonic Band Rehearsal 8-9am (graded)
Jazz Band #1 with guest clinician 8-9am
BEGINNING BAND'S SPRING CONCERT (see #1 on above weekly announcements for schedule)
Wednesday, 3/12 - Jazz Band #2 8-9 am with Mr. Nista
Thursday, 3/13 - Honors Band rehearsal 8-9 am (graded)
Friday, 3/14 - Beginning Band Percussion sectionals 8-9 am with Mr. Mann
Monday, March 17th - Honors Band's LAST morning rehearsal 8-9am (graded)
Tuesday, March 18th - Symphonic Band's LAST morning rehearsal 8-9 am (graded)
HONOR BAND'S FBA Performance - 6:00 PM @ JPT
Wednesday, March 19th - Concert Band's LAST morning rehearsal 8-9am (graded)
CONCERT BAND'S FBA Performance - 1:30 PM @ JPT
SYMPHONIC BAND'S FBA Performance 4:30 PM @ JPT
Thursday, March 20th - Early Release NO MORNING REHEARSALS JAZZ BAND #1 and #2 will rehearse during their Band class.
Friday, March 21st - Spring Break!
UPCOMING EVENTS:1. Seven more school rehearsals before FBA!
2. Tuesday and Wednesday, March 18 - 19 DISTRICT EVALUATION for Symphonic, Concert and Honor Bands.
3. Thursday, April 10 - DISTRICT EVALUATION for both Jazz Bands at Nova High School4. Friday and Saturday, April 11 and 12 - SOLO and ENSEMBLE at RMS
Your Calendars! We are performing the National Anthem for the Miami
Marlins! This is Memorial Day weekend and the only open date we could
get from the Marlins. Please plan your weekend get-a-ways around this
performance if possible.
6. Band Camp 2014! June 9 through June 20th