Our 2016 Sponsors
About Juvenile Diabetes
Jaguar Hartford was our Platinum Sponsor and starting location for the 2016 "Rallye for a Cure!" This year we ended our rallye at the Jaguar Club of Southern New England's Concours d'Elegance at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield, CT.
Together we raised over $40,000 to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in our 4 years of "Rallye for a Cure!"
Thank you to all who have helped us make a difference! Here is some great news:
JDRF Celebrates Historic Artificial Pancreas Success Bringing Life-changing Benefits to People with Type 1 Diabetes
On September 28, 2016, the type 1 diabetes (T1D) community reached a major breakthrough with the FDA's approval of the Medtronic hybrid closed loop system. The system is the first ever approved to automate the dosing of insulin to reduce high blood sugar levels. (Read More)
The Rallye invites all car enthusiasts to participate in a fun-filled day for the entire family! Owners of vintage, classic, sports, and modern cars are all invited to join in the fun of this Game-Tour-Adventure (GTA) Rallye. Each Rallye team consists of a driver and a navigator in one car. During the drive, navigators will be asked to record information about the route in the style of a "scavenger hunt," making the Rallye fun for all ages. The Rallye welcomes drivers and navigators of all experiences and family members of all ages.
The Rallye will begin at Jaguar Hartford in Hartford, CT. Enjoy a complimentary breakfast, courtesy of Jaguar Hartford. Come view the cars, talk to other car lovers, and bid on some exciting auction items (preview these items, as they come in, on the Awards and Auction Items link on this site).
100% of all funds raised from this event benefit JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) and its mission to prevent, treat, and cure Type 1 Diabetes. The registration fee is tax-deductible.
Marque team registration is $200.00 per vehicle (represent your club and car marque).
The registration fee includes:
- Complimentary Breakfast at Jaguar Hartford at the Start of the Rallye
- Participation in the 2016 Connecticut Vintage and Classics Sports Car "Rallye for a Cure"
- Professional Photo of your Team and Car (photos will be available for download on this site after the event)
- Acknowledgement of your Tax-Deductible Donation
- Attendance at the Awards Ceremony
- Eligibility for Prizes and Awards
- Knowledge that you have helped a worthy cause!
Prizes will be awarded to special classes of cars:
- Vintage Car (cars built prior to 1963)
- Classic Car (cars built between 1963 and 1989)
- Modern Car (cars built between 1989 and 2015)
- Club Car (a single representative of the specific make of a vehicle or marque. Ex: one car that represents the Jaquar Club)
- Corporate Car (a single representative of a company. Ex: D&J Motors)
Prizes will also be awarded to special teams:
- Novice: those teams who have participated in fewer than 3 events
- Seat-of-Your-Pants: those teams who wish to compete without the use of smart phones, special odometers, calculators, tablets, etc.
- Multi-generational Team: drivers and youth navigators (under 18 years of age)