Background : The idea is born
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I get involved?
When does this start?
When will it end?
If this proves successful we move onto the second stage. I understand 4000km sounds like a long way but we are working in teams.
Imagine you are in a team of 4 people, that is 1000km each (some will do more some will do less.) Spread out over a year this is only 20km a week and when you throw into the equation the fact that every team MUST include at least one cyclist... It's not that much.
From here, The sky is the limit
What are the rules?
- You can use any mode of travel you like as long as it is human-powered. NO power-assisted bikes, no Segways etc.
- Each team member should help keep other team-mates motivated. It is up to you how you plan on doing this.
- Teams consist of 2-4 members.
- You may begin after the November 30 start date but be aware you will not be granted special consideration. It is up to your team to catch up.
- All distances MUST be posted by Midnight Sunday each week. You can post more frequently if you wish.
- No updates for more than 2 weeks will be counted as a forfeit.*
* Special consideration may be granted if you contact us for such occurrences as injury, holidays or if you have no internet access otherwise your entry will be considered void and a replacement will be found.
I want to do this but I don't live in Australia