To download the latest version of Quick Virus Remover, please visit the Download page
This version of QVR adds toolbar integration which allows you to launch QVR in a variety of ways from the QVR toolbar. No other updates have been made. This is not a critical update.
QVR v18.104.22.168 fixes several problems, primarily with the installer and updating.
- Error reports now include additional information, like program version and the mirror being used to download updates.
- Errors involving the creation of scheduled tasks have been corrected.
- Problems with the installer have been fixed, particularly in relation to removing temp files created during installation.
- The updating domain has been moved back to the main site, in order to fix problems with updating.
Please download the new version from the download page. Previous versions will continue to work but are not recommended as updating no longer works.
A new version of QVR has been released that corrects the problems with updating that were reported late last night.
The following is a complete list of changes in this version:
- Realtime protection has been added. Approximately every 40 minutes the program will complete a background scan of the system. It has been made longer in order to reduce system load, but it will automatically attempt to quarantine any infections it finds as well as alert you when it finds something.
- The updating system now has the capability to be modified to use a new mirror in case we ever have similar bandwidth problems in the future.
A list of mirrors is being compiled so that we may have backups in case similar problems arise regarding bandwidth overload. Every possible step is being taken to make sure this problem does not occur again. Thank you for bearing with us.
Please download the new version immediately, as the old version no longer updates properly, nor will it provide any protection whatsoever.EDIT:
A list of definition mirrors
has been uploaded to the site.
Some of you may have noticed that when updating recently the new definitions offer no protection. You may also have received a message when the program starts that says that "v . . . " is a new version available.
This is an error due to the fact that our bandwidth for our hosting has been exceeded. Whenever QVR tries to download these files it ends up downloading a web page explaining the error instead, only it does not know how to interpret this.
We are working quickly to get a new version up and running that will fix this problem. In the meantime, please download all updates manually from the Download page
We are happy to announce to our users that we will now be partnering with David Penning of Sniper101 Software in order to create malware definitions. This will help us speed up updates and improve the detection rates of Quick Virus Remover. We encourage you to try out Sniper101's antimalware program (featuring realtime protection), MalwareKiller
Also, please remember that we are still requesting donations to help fund further development of QVR. If our software has helped you out, please show your appreciation by making a small donation
. You can see our budget
as well. We still have not received any
donations since we first began requesting them, so please take a look at our budget and decide if you would like to help us out in this way.
As a result of an influx of users after QVR was picked up by such sites as Download.com
, we are now requesting donations in order to help support the further development and support for QVR. In order to be completely transparent financially, we would like to propose the following measures that we would like to institute. These measures cost money, which is why we are requesting donations in the first place. Please look over the following list of measures carefully. If you decide that they are worth investment, we encourage you to make a donation through PayPal
* to help cover the costs.
- $9 per month - JotForm.com premium account (this will allow us to recieve more than 100 registrations/definition requests per month; at current rates we are recieving 3x this amount)
- $9 per month - Upload.com basic account (this will allow us to have new version of QVR uploaded to 25+ sites in only 5 business days, rather than 20 business days)
Total: $18 per month
As you can see, it's not a huge amount, and should be easy for us to achieve, but we need your help to do it. Please make a donation today!
**Please send payments to the following email address: cubex.de (at) gmail (dot) com
After releasing the brand new installer/uninstaller system for QVR, several issues were brought to our attention that warranted an immediate update. The following changes have been made in v22.214.171.124:
- A warning message is shown if the program is not run in Administrator mode and with Administrator rights.
- Any errors at startup requiring program shutdown has had errors corrected so that the program will not loop over and over.
- An /immunize switch will allow you to have the program automatically immunize your system when the program opens.
- The registration entry system has been modified to include an instructional message before any information is requested, hopefully avoiding further confusion involving people entering their registration code into both fields.
- Pressing Ctrl-Alt-D during normal program run will automatically generate a debug report in either text file or email format.
- Additional information has been added to error reports, most notably additional file system info and registration information if applicable.
- Minor issues involving the installer/uninstaller have been corrected.
Please download the new version as it will help solve any issues with your installation. This update may be installed directly on top of your existing installation without first uninstalling.
Today we released a slightly updated version of QVR, with the following changes made:
- The program can now be downloaded as an installer, which will automatically install to C:\Program Files\Quick Virus Remover, with or without shortcuts on the desktop and in the Start Menu.
- The uninstaller now works properly.
- Issues with the /install switch have been corrected.
- Problems importing or exporting registry entries now generate appropriate error reports.
It is highly recommended to download this update, especially if you are not using an installed version currently.Remember:
QVR must be run as administrator in order to achieve removal of malware!
Cubex Digital Entertainment is proud to announce that we have begun working on a complete antimalware suite called AurelloSoft AntiMalware '09 (ASAM09), in cooperation with AurelloSoft Computer Security
. This security program will be a complete computer security solution, and will compete with commercial products such as Norton and McAfee, while remaining completely free for personal use. Initial release is slated for late December 2009.
Unfortunately, because we are devoting more and more of our time and resources to developing ASAM09, this means that we can no longer sustain the same inertia behind the QVR project as before. While the program will still be available and registrations will be maintained, the program itself will no longer be updated (except to correct bugs or security issues), and the definitions will only be updated on request.
We encourage you to submit any requests you may have for definition updates using our definition request form
, but be aware that due to the amount of effort being put into the ASAM09 project it may be a while before any response is issued.
Please feel free to contact us
to voice any concerns you may have. We hope that you will continue to use QVR.
|It's time for another program update! Version 126.96.36.199 includes the following changes:|
- The link at the bottom of the screen now changes approximately every 10 seconds to show different links.
- The immunization feature now runs in the background, allowing you to continue using the program or even close QVR and the immunization will continue.
- A problem with the way the progress bar is drawn during updating has been fixed.
- The way text is drawn on the update screen has been changed to match the rest of the program.