|Display||RM 16 was the personal rail inspection vehicle used by the former General Manager|
of the Central Division of QR. RM16 is constructed on the chassis of a converted
International Truck chassis, entering service on 23rd February 1933. The vehicle was modified in 1935 with the addition of a Napier cab body,
and the inclusion of a six cylinder Dodge engine. For use as a rail vehicle a four
wheel leading bogie was fitted, and flanged truck wheels were fitted to the rear axle. Up to seven people could be accommodated in RM16. A qualified driver was specially
classed to be able to drive the General Manager and his inspection party on their
tour of the Division. RM16 today forms an important part of the Heritage collection of QR. This Rail Motor
is of great historic significance to the former Central Division of Queensland Railways.
|28||Aramac||Display||After fifty years of service with four locomotives, the Aramac tramway, owned by the local |
authority, in 1963 finally hit upon the ideal vehicle for the line. To supplement the little diesel engine, Council bought a second-hand railmotor, RM 28, from the State service for £100. The railmotor remained in service for as long as the tramway operated. It was much lighter than
a conventional locomotive, and its weight was spread more evenly over its length, so it performed
much better on the rough track. Derailments became almost unknown, and in wet weather the
locomotive sat in its shed while the railmotor was pressed into service.
Rosewood Railway Museum
|Operational||RM55 entered service as a 34 kW (45 hp) AEC Car in 1930. It was subsequently given an enclosed body and a 38 kW (50hp) 4 cylinder Gardner diesel engine. It was withdrawn from service and condemned in 1966 and was originally to be included in the Redbank Museum. RM55 was stripped for restoration for the Beenleigh Vintage Railway (forerunner of the Rosewood Railway Museum). This work was completed by Society members during 1983-1984, and it was used for mainline excursions until 1989. "Red Fred" and trailer PL72 were transported to Kunkula in July 1990. Phil Smith did much of the restoration of PL72 while the vehicle was on site at the back of the Redbank Museum.|
|60||Normanton (Gulflander Railway)||Stored/Display||This little AEC railmotor is as unique at the Normanton to Croydon Railway itself. A 45 horsepower Associated Equipment Company (AEC), built Ipswich Railway Workshops|
1931, in service Normanton-Croydon railway, 1960-1964. In 1993 RM60 was sent to Townsville Workshops for overhaul, and motor was overhauled at Ipswich Railway Workshops. The RM60 was returned to Normanton in 1994 and used for short excursions or special charters
|64||Rosewood Railway Museum|
|74||Redland Shire Museum||Display||RM74: 100 horsepower AEC railmotor, built Ipswich Railway Workshops 1934, converted in 1942 |
to102 horsepower Gardiner diesel engine, in service Normanton-Croydon railway 1964-1982. RM74
was transferred to Ipswich Railway Workshops in 1982 and was acquired by the Redland Shire Museum
at Cleveland in 1984.
|76||Mary Valley Heritage Railway||Operational||RM 76 traditionally ran the Brooloo line to Gympie providing a daily link to the town for shopping, the transportation of goods and a means for children to get to school. The present owners of RM76 and PL 127 is Bellarine Pennisular Railway in Victoria. This organisation initially leased the units to Beaudesert Rail who had ambitions of restoring both units. The units were partly resorted by Beaudesert Rail before it folded, which gave MVHR the opportunity to lease them.|
|93||Gulflander||Operational||RM 93 is the present Gulflander and is a 102 horsepower Gardner diesel engined railmotor built at Ipswich Railway Workshops in 1950. Throughout its career it worked in the former Southern and Norther Divisions of the QR network. RM 93 was converted to the General Manager's Inspection Car for the Central Division in 1972. It was then modifed back to full railmotor seating capacity in 1981, and arrived in Normanton in 1982, the name Gulflander ws painted on the sides by 1987.|