The 1400 class were the first Clyde locos on Queensland rails, and were used on general freight traffic. The 1450 class arrived soon after, with Co-Co bogies replacing the early A1A-A1A bogies. Both spent much of their time in the southeast of the state. Eventually, time was to catch up with these units and most have been withdrawn or scrapped.
A 1450 class on an eastbound train between Emerald and Rockhampton January 1972.
1405 heads a southbound freight through Caboolture 4th November 1972
1551 and 1451 Mayne June 1973It's 15 August 1977 and 1454 (fresh out of shops) on an Ipswich passeenger crosses us at Goodna on 2403 on R722 goods ex Redbank. Photo taken on the Ipswich side of Goodna Station.
Photos by Larry Matters