Due to the decentralized and linked architecture of Linked Open Data, answering complex queries often requires accessing and combining information from multiple datasets. Processing such federated queries in a virtually integrated fashion is becoming increasingly popular. This tutorial will explore the different approaches used for federated query processing over Linked Data. In particular, we will focus on query federation over SPARQL endpoints, Triple Pattern Fragments, and live Linked Data streams. State-of-the-art techniques will be practically demonstrated with examples along with hands-on experience and exercises to be carried out by the participants. By the end of the tutorial, participants will obtain hands-on knowledge of the federated query processing over Linked Data, understand the main differences between state-of-the-art systems, and be able to position these systems based on their pros and cons.
- 3:30 PM -- 4:00 PM Coffee Break
- Hands-on Experience (4:00 PM--5:30 PM)
- Federation over SPARQL endpoints (4:00 pm--4:30 pm)
- Federation over Streaming Linked Data (4:30 pm--5:00 pm)
- Federation with Triple Pattern Fragments (4:00 pm--5:30 pm)