* He started a religious commune with secretive doctrines involving geometric formulations.
* He believed that eating animal products was cannibalism because they might contain the trans-migrated souls of human ancestors.
* He and his cult also refused to eat beans.
* He believed that ones soul was going to be reincarnated. That is also what the Hindu religion tells as the truth. Pythagoras himself said that he had once before lived as a warrior in the Troja-war.
* According to Pythagoras, a perfect number was 10.