Attention all Club Members
Read the special firearms- and ammunition-related
notice below in the Rifle & Pistol section.
- The IWLA elected its new officers for the coming year, effective Oct.
The following officers were elected: President - Ronny Fowler; 1st VP
- Jerri Norris; 2nd VP - Bill Swick; Secretary - Tom Colbert; Treasurer - Elise Fowler; Board of
Directors - John Maher, Jim Little, Rick Stark, Dennis Southerland.
- Board of Directors (BOD) meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month.
- The BOD voted to go back to having a General Membership Meeting every month at 8 PM, after the BOD meeting.
- See the attachment below for instructions to operate the automated gate.
- If you do not have an IWLA decal on your vehicle, come to a meeting and get one. You must display a decal on your vehicle or it may be towed.
- Anyone using the Archery ranges will be required to have an Archery Club identification badge in their possession.
- Outdoor Rifle & Pistol Range is in a cease fire status until further notice.
- No announcements at this time.
Rifle & Pistol
- Dennis Sutherland replaces Bill Gennetti as Rifle & Pistol President.
Thank you for your time and dedication, Bill.
Dennis Sutherland, President, PWIWLA Rifle & Pistol: 703-943-6507
Posted by Bill Gennetti, R & P President Emeritus:
- See Rifle & Pistol Club page for recent events and timely information.
- Rifle & Pistol Club Orientation - 2nd Sunday at 1:30 pm.
- Rifle & Pistol Club Shoots every 1st and 3rd Friday at 7:30 pm * open to the public. *
- Rifle & Pistol Club is used by 4-H on Monday evenings at 6:30 pm.
- The Rifle & Pistol club is in the process of updating our member roster to include only current 2011 members. We need the following information by March 13th (the monthly meeting). Name, address, phone, Prince William Izaak Walton membership #, email address, type of NRA certification held if any along with the expiration date of said certification. You may e mail the requested information to Sandy Keegan at mailto:email@example.com or leave it at the range the next time you visit.
The Rifle & Pistol club is exploring the possibility of hosting an NRA Certified Instructor and Virginia Lawyer for a short 1-2 hour seminar. Possible topics may include; Virginia gun laws, concealed carry, open carry, and use of deadly force. No decisions have been made as to date or cost. If you are interested there will be a sign up sheet at the range or you may e mail Sandy Keegan at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org If we have a sufficient number of people who are interested we will move forward with the arrangements.