2016 PRC Membership Information
The 2012 PRC Handbook is below as a PDF attachment.
Please read this for more information not listed on this web page.
PRC ByLaws (Revised at 2014 Annual Meeting)
The PRC ByLaws are found below as a PDF attachment.
Full PRC Membership entitles each member
• Use of PRC club equipment
• Use of PRC docks
Our liability insurance does not cover non-members' use of PRC equipment and docks.
Use of PRC docks by non-members requires prior approval by the PRC Board.
• Participation in PRC events at no additional cost (excluding the Green Mountain Head)
• Voting privileges
• All members must have previous rowing experience
• All members must be a competent swimmer
• All members must have completed a PRC equipment orientation and a local river orientation before rowing
• All members must have signed a PRC waiver before going on the river
See below for a full list of membership options and fees, and links to download current membership and liability release forms below.
Affiliate RowBOC Membership is available to any paid PRC member in good standing:
• $75 membership paid directly to RowBOC at http://brattleborooutingclub.org/rowing/rowboc-membership-info/
• You must register on-line for this RowBOC Affiliate Membership
Private boat storage is available but limited.
• Limited private boat storage is reserved upon receipt of signed PRC membership, waiver and payment of fees
• Please list any special needs for boat rack - if needed
• Rack space is designated by the boathouse committee
• Early application helps secure a space in the limited boathouse
• It is important to note PRC is a member-run organization.
• All members agree to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours per season towards carrying out the activities of the Putney Rowing Club
• All members must volunteer to work on the GMH Regatta to be held on Sunday, October 2, 2016
• These hours on in addition to the regular 15 hours of PRC volunteerism
• All members are expected to contribute regularly to management, maintenance, operation and repair of the facilities and equipment
This may include any of the following:
• Professional skills (law, accounting, management, etc.)
• Trade skills (carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc.)
• Rowing skills (coaching, orientation, boat repair, sculling certification, regatta management, etc.)
• All member workdays are scheduled throughout the year, and members are encouraged to mark these on your calendars now!
• Docks-In Day ~ Saturday, April 16, 2016 ~ to set up the docks and boathouse and equipment
• Green Mountain Head ~ Sunday, October 2, 2016 ~ our annual fall regatta and our only fund-raiser for the club
• Docks-Out Day ~ Saturday, October/November TBA, 2016 ~ to put the boathouse to bed
• Annual Meeting ~ February/March TBA, 2017 ~ to elect officers and set the upcoming agenda for the club
2016 Fee Schedule:
PRC FULL MEMBERSHIP: Checks should be made payable to "Putney Rowing Club" for PRC Membership
• PRC Returning Membership: $150 (To be paid by June 1, 2016)
• PRC New Membership: $150
• PRC Student Membership: $75 (To be paid by June 1, 2016)
• PRC Family Membership: $300 (To be paid by June 1, 2016)
• PRC Affiliate Membership for paid RowBOC Members in good standing: $75 (To be paid by June 1, 2016)
RowBOC AFFILIATE MEMBERSHIP: Payment must be paid directly to RowBOC at http://brattleborooutingclub.org/home
• RowBOC Affiliate Membership for paid PRC Members in good standing: $75
• (PRC Members - DO NOT PAY PRC for your RowBOC Affiliate Membership ~ pay RowBOC!)
• PRC Supporting Membership: $25 (No voting, rowing or equipment usage privileges.)
• PRC Rack Fee: $50 per boat
• PRC Beginner's Clinic: $150 (the $150 fee includes a PRC Membership upon successful completion of the 2016 Beginner's Clinic)
• PRC Daily Guest Fee: $5
• Current PRC Member is responsible for all damages and must row with your guest
• All guests MUST sign a PRC Waiver before rowing and leave it at King Boatworks, Brickyard Lane, Putney, VT 05346
• Limit 5X per season. Payable at King Boatworks, Brickyard Lane, Putney, VT 05346
• Do NOT leave any money in the boathouse!
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact the Club Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.