For all user groups to enjoy our Prescott Trails safely. We work on educating the public through signs, local press, websites and club communications.
: How to insert objects like this "Table of contents" into your page
The Purpose (Mission)
- Make Trails Safer for all who use them
- Education the users on trail courtesy
- Create relationships with all trail user groups
These are the targets we want to meet
- Signage at trails heads that get peoples attention
- Trail Head talks with bikers and equestrians
- Horse safety clinics
- Joint bike/ horse trail maintenance days
This is how our organisation will gain.
- Positive feed back in the community for both groups working together
- More respect for each user group
- More trails brushed during the season
- Safer trails for everyone
The Back Country Horsemen of Central Arizona Board of Directors has mandated that this chapter take an active role in the newly formed multi-use, non-motorized trail safety coalition. Through this action we want to send the community, our elected officials, government agencies, and our membership, clarification of our position concerning trail safety and our willingness to work toward a solution. We are partnering with the Prescott National Forest, Prescott Mountain Bike Alliance, Prescott Saddle Club, Yavapai Trails Association, Granite Mountain Riders, and all other trail users to promote safety and strive for community cooperation and courtesy from all users on our trails.
- Identify problem spots on the trails
- Brushing trails
- Trail Re-design to control bike speeds
- Equestrian Bypass routes for around dangerous spots