Welcome to the
Power Middle School
The PTSA is an Parent, Teachers Student Association of members that support Power Middle School Students and Teachers to help ensure support materials and activities are provided to enhance the success of our school. All persons with a vested interest in the success of Students attending Power Middle School may become a member of the Power PTSA. Membership can include volunteership for the school, or non-active support of the PTSA.
POWER-UP DAY: THURSDAY, AUGUST 25, 2016
Become a Power PTSA Member for the 2016-17 school year during this event!
A PTSA table will be open during each class orientation where membership forms are available and dues payment accepted. Or, pay dues online at no additional transaction fee! Follow this link for instructions: MEMBERSHIP
Power-Up Student Orientation will be segmented into three different time slots to accommodate all Power Students:
· Sixth-grade students are asked to come any time between 8:30am-10:30am
· Seventh-grade students are asked to come any time between 11am-1pm
· Eighth-grade students are asked to come any time between 1:30pm-3:30pm
Stop at the PTSA table at Orientation and let us know what you want to help with this year. Undecided? Visit this link below to see Volunteer Opportunities for the '16-'17 calendar year:
Beginning September 2016
Power Production Room and Media Center Volunteers Needed
Production Room Volunteers
- Help fulfill copying and other paperwork requests from teachers
- Work 1-2 hours copying, stapling, assembling, laminating and completing other easy tasks
- Free up teachers' time to work with our kids
Media Center Volunteers
- Shelf books in our media center
- Can be done once a month
- Looking to schedule multiple volunteers to cover a couple of hours each day
- Help keep our media center organized
If you are interested in either of the above volunteering opportunities, please contact Linda Rasico at email@example.com
Wordmasters® Volunteers Needed
Wordmasters® is an enrichment program for students Grades 3-8 to learn new vocabulary and analogy skills. It sets students up with knowledge that will help them throughout their schooling years and beyond.
- We would like to have volunteers to cover all of our 6th-8th grade teams that are interested in participating.
- As a volunteer you will agree upon a time that works with the classroom teacher/team and will work with the kids during school hours. For some classrooms, this may be during their lunch and recess time once a week.
- Training will be provided to you if needed.
- More information is available at wordmasterschallenge.com
- Please email Roxana Barnett with any questions or to volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org