Churchill Foundation’s Scholarship Program offers American students of
exceptional ability and outstanding achievement the opportunity to pursue
graduate studies in engineering, mathematics, or the sciences at Churchill
College, the University of Cambridge.
receive funding for one year of graduate study at the Churchill College of
Cambridge University, including tuition, stipend, and travel expenses.
- US Citizen between ages of 19 and 26
- Must be a senior in 2014-2015 academic year.
academic achievement in all disciplines, but especially in the major,
as indicated by course grades (previous Scholars have had a GPA of at
least 3.7 and usually have 3.9 or above).
capacity to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the sciences,
engineering, or mathematics by pursuing original, creative work at an
advanced level as demonstrated by awards and prizes and by letters of
recommendation. Applicants in the sciences and engineering will show
extensive laboratory experience, internships, or other related work,
while applicants in mathematics will show substantial independent work
or other projects.
- Scores on the Graduate Record Examination General Test.
- Outstanding personal qualities
Materials that must be submitted to the Fellowships Office by September 1, 2014:
- One (1) completed and signed Churchill Foundation Application Form.
- Four (4) letters of reference — The Foundation requests four academic recommendations
from teachers, laboratory directors, and others with whom you have
pursued your research and studies. Please do not request recommendations
from teachers in fields not related to your research in science,
engineering, or mathematics (e.g., history, literature, or philosophy),
and please do not submit personal recommendations (e.g., from clergy,
directors of charitable organizations, etc.).
- A letter of interest or commitment from a director of a laboratory at Cambridge, if available and if relevant.
- An unofficial transcript (One (1) official transcript from each institution you have attended will be required if selected to go forward.)
Fellowships Office Application Deadline: November 11, 2014
For more information: Ruth Mendum, PhD
Director of University Fellowships Office
Churchill Website: www.winstonchurchillfoundation.org