The Pro Ski and Ride specializes in custom boot fitting. Our master boot fitters will make sure you have all the comfort and control in your boots to meet your needs.
For more information or to make an appointment call us at (518) 263-5303
Whether its ski, snowboard, or telemark boots, The Pro fits them all! Keith Holmquist, co-owner and head boot fitter, has over 40 years of experience in the ski industry. He has been a boot tester for SKI Magazine and certified by Masterfit University. He has passed his knowledge down to boot fitters that have worked with him over the years.
Keith and our other boot fitters will assist you whether you are looking to purchase new boots or your old boots need a few tweaks. Boots bought at The Pro include boot fitting and adjustments at no additional charge as part of our "Boot Fitting Guarantee"*. The Pro Ski and Ride can fit boots bought elsewhere, new and used, for an additional charge.
A typical boot fitting lasts between 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Length of a boot fitting depends on how many boots are tried on, the extent of the work needed on the boots, and how many guests are seeking assistance at the time. A typical boot fitting includes:
- Sizing - We take into account length, width, and instep when sizing feet. We size boots with anticipation of the boot breaking in after a few days of skiing.
- Trying different models - It is best to compare different models from manufacturers while purchasing boots.
- Thermofit (Heat molding) - Many boots sold today have heat moldable liners to customize the fit.
- Identification of hot spots - Molding the boots solves most issues, however, some minor problem areas may still persist.
- Liner adjustment - We first work on the liner. The Pro has multiple tools to stretch the liner to accommodate the foot in problem areas.
- Shell adjustment - If problems persist, The Pro has the means to grind or expand the plastic shell in specified areas.
- Stance alignment - Many boots have canting adjustment which allows for a fitter to center the knee over the boot.
- Binding to boot adjustment - If there is a difference between the sole length of new boots, it must be adjusted.
Custom ski and snowboard foot beds are also made at The Pro Ski and Ride. Custom foot beds and orthotics correct skiers stances from the feet up allowing them to have a more secure fit in a boot and increased comfort and control. For more information on custom foot beds and orthotics visit: Orthotics
The Pro Ski and Ride carries Intuition liners. Intuition liners can be added to a new boot to increase comfort and control or to an old boot to make it feel like new. The Pro Ski and Ride boot fitters are knowledgeable about these liners and posses the equipment to necessary to install and mold Intuition liners for any discipline. Please call ahead to check if your size is in stock.
If you suffer from cold feet while skiing, we sell and install Hotronic Footwarmers to ski and snowboard boots.
Boot fitting is done by appointment Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On weekends and holidays it is first come first serve from opening until around 3:30. Come early to get the most attention and get out on the slopes with plenty of time to enjoy the snow!
"When it absolutely has to be the Perfect Fit."
*Some exceptions apply