Propeller GCC is in the beta phase of
development. As such, there may be bugs. Some issues are known and others unknown. This document details the current release versions, future additions, features of SimpleIDE or Propeller GCC tool-chain that are known to need additional work, and short descriptions of bug fixes for a release.
Parallax greatly appreciates any feedback you, the customer, can send about bugs or other software issues that you may experience. If you do have feedback you would like to give, please email it to gccbeta at parallax dotcom
- The 32-bit double version of tan() in the math library is not available. Compile with 64-bit double instead.
- MacOSX 32 bit packages are not available for PropellerGCC. SimpleIDE will not run or compile on 32 bit hardware. Only x86_64 hardware is supported at this time.
- Windows SimpleIDE Propeller-GCC path is set by default for the user that installed it. For it to work with other users, c:\propgcc\bin should be set in the "System variables" Path variable.
- Installing Windows SimpleIDE "Select Compiler Folder" in a location other than C:\propgcc will cause compile to fail. User can use a different path, but the PATH variable must be set accordingly for that. Please only install to "C:\propgcc" as shown below if possible.
- Parallax will be adding libraries over the summer.
- Parallax will be updating existing library documentation over the summer.
- Documentation on some features is evolving.
Existing Packages for Installation
Release versions history contain information about known issues and bug fixes. The current release is always listed first.
Package Release Versions
- SimpleIDE v0-8-5
- Propeller-GCC v0-3-4 (propellergcc_v0_3_4)
- None for first beta release.