The table below shows several Propeller boards and the memory model capabilities that each board supports.
All boards support COG, LMM, and CMM memory models.
| ||COG RAM|| LMM|| CMM|
| All Boards||2KB/cog (16KB total)||32KB||32KB|
Some boards also support external memory models:
- Every Propeller chip offers 2 KB of memory per cog for programs that run exclusively in a cog. For small to medium sized programs, every Propeller chip has 32 KB of shard memory for use in the LMM mode.
- The tradeoffs with memory model choices are program size vs. execution speed.
- Large programs may be run with LMM and especially XMM models, but they run slower.
- COG RAM is fastest, but program size is limited.
- LMM provides medium program size and program execution speed, perhaps being a nice medium.
- The Propeller Board of Education is an ideal choice due to future C/C++ support on http://learn.parallax.com.
- Any board can use XMM with the addition of EEPROM (minimum single 64KB part), an SD card, Flash, or RAM.
- Detailed explanation of memory models is available on Memory Models page.
- Contact us to add your Propeller board to this matrix email@example.com.