A report that shows the individuals that were alive during the specified Census Years is created. It is divided into four sections according to the the information used to select the individuals.
The following tabs exist on the report window. Selecting them will display the report.
- Birth/Death known - Listing contains those that have a known birth (christening) and death (burial) date and were alive during one of the years that is being checked. The christening or burial date will be used only if requested
- Only Birth known - Listing contains those that have a known birth (christening) but not a death date. The life span is used to determine if a person meets the criteria. The life span will be added to the birth (christening) date to determine a death date If the birth date is not known, the christening will be substituted if requested
- Only Death known - Listing contains those that have a known death (buried) but not a birth date. The life span is used to determine if a person meets the criteria. The life span will be subtracted from the death (buried) date to determine a birth date If the death date is not known, the buried will be substituted if requested
- Complete - Listing of all those individuals that were alive during the years requested and a census event was found or the years were excluded
The number of individuals found for each report is displayed on the tab.
The columns in each report are:
- ID - Legacy file id of the individual
- Surname - Last name
- Given name - First name
- Birth - Birth date
- Chrstnd - Christening date
- Death - Death date
- Buried - Burial date
- #### (years) - there can be 1 to 15 of these columns. They are the years that you asked to be analyzed.
Note: You can sort the report on any of the columns. Just click on the column
header that you want to sort by. If the report is already sorted by that column, it will reverse the sort order.
The values in the report cells for the years columns are:
- blank - Individual was not alive during the year
- NoEvt - Individual was alive during the year but no census event was found
- Cmplt - Individual was alive during the year and a census event was found
- Excld - An exclusion was requested for the individual for the specific year. Exclusions might be requested for the following situations:
- Individual was not alive during the census. They were alive during the census year but may have died prior to the census or were born after the census.
- Individual lived in another country
- The census records cannot be found
You can create an exclusion by double clicking on the 'NoEvt' for a specific individual and year. You can double click an exclusion ('Excld') to remove the exclusion.
The buttons on the report window are:
- Statistics - Display the Statistics window
- Help - Display the Help window
- Print - Print the reports
- Create CSV - Create CSV files that can be imported into a spreadsheet.
- Again - Redisplay the input window so you can do another inquiry.
- Done - Exit Census Finder