Community Forum on Education
At both the Community Forum on Education and the PT4S Community Congress this past spring, parents and community members told us they wanted to learn more about “Differentiated Learning” at Somerville Public Schools. The upcoming Community Forum will focus on that issue:
Topic: "Supporting All Learners"
When: Sunday, November 4th
2-4 PM (Food and Registration start at 1:30 PM)
Where: Argenziano School Cafetorium
Organized by PT4S, Somerville School Committee, and Somerville Family Learning Collaborative
*Childcare available by reservation through the SFLC
Debbie Lee Keenan from the Tufts Department of Child Development will speak to the way different types of learners interact with material in a classroom setting and how teachers can support all learners. The Forum will also address the new "X-block" initiative and how teachers are implementing differentiated learning in classrooms across Somerville. There will also be time for small group discussions.
We hope you will join in the conversation about this very important topic. A flyer will go out in all kids' backpacks.
What you can do:
- Save the date and attend the Forum.
- Spread the word about this event by telling other parents and community members about it.
- Volunteer to help out at the Forum.
Progress Together Open Meeting
Organized by Progress Together For Somerville
When: Wednesday, November 14th
Where: Main Branch Library Community Meeting Room
79 Highland AveJoin us for a gathering to meet other members of Progress Together. We will discuss issues that are important to our school children and our school community.
Everyone is welcome!
What you can do:
- Mark your calendars and attend the Open Meeting.
- Help us spread the word about this event by telling other parents and community members about it.
Progress Together will:
- work to connect the diverse communities that live separately but come
together at our schools.
- work with and within existing organizations to energize the important work that is already underway in our schools.
- engage the talent, skills and energy that exist within our community to bring new ideas and perspectives into our schools
- bring an independent voice, external accountability and a sense of urgency to our schools.
We are Progress Together for Somerville. It is our intention to move into the future as a voice for progress and unity. We invite you to fight for excellence in all the schools of Somerville.
Declaración de la Misión
Progress Together (Juntos por el Progreso de Somerville) involucra nuestra comunidad diversa para mejorar la educación en toda la ciudad de Somerville.
Progress Together hará lo siguiente:
- Trabajará para unir las comunidades diversas que viven separadamente pero que se unen en nuestras escuelas.
- Trabajará con organizaciones actuales para revigorizar el trabajo importante de nuestras escuelas.
- Involucrar el talento, las destrezas, y la energía de nuestras comunidades para brindar nuevas ideas y perspectivas a nuestras escuelas
- Brindar una voz independiente, la responsabilidad externa, y un sentido de urgencia a nuestras escuelas.
Somos Progress Together for Somerville (Juntos por el Progreso de Somerville). Nuestro propósito es avanzar una voz por el progreso y la solidaridad. Les invitamos a luchar por la excelencia en todas las escuelas de Somerville.