(Inspired by a recipe in Molly Steven’s All About Roasting)
Serves 2 – 3 (multiplies easily to serve more)
12 ounces Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon bacon grease (or olive oil or coconut oil)
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚.
2. Trim off the end of the Brussels sprouts and cut in half.
3. Heat the bacon grease (or coconut oil) in a microwave oven until it is melted.
4. Put the Brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the bacon grease over them and toss to distribute it well.
5. Sprinkle generously with salt and add a few grinds of pepper.
6. Roast for 10 minutes. Stir or turn over with a spatula and roast an additional 10 minutes, or until they are tender and browned a bit.