Where Y'at, a New Orleans monthly publication, is looking for an editor/art director. This is a full-time position and candidates must possess the following:
- Reside in the New Orleans metropolitan area and be knowledgeable of the city's culture, festivals and heritage.
- Experience with Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop CS4 suite.
- Basic html knowledge and basic website Content Management System experience a plus, but not required.
- Minimum 3+ years experience.
- Must be available to start late June/beginning of July.
If interested, please send five design samples and three writing samples, along with your resume and three references to email@example.com.
OffBeat, New Orleans & Louisiana’s Music & Culture Media, is seeking a hands-on, knowledgeable, visionary editor with deep-rooted knowledge of New Orleans and Louisiana music (R&B, blues, rock, Cajun, zydeco, jazz, hip-hop, brass bands, etc.) and culture (art, cuisine, history, neighborhoods, cultural trends, etc.). You must possess an in-depth working knowledge of New Orleans and Louisiana’s live music scene. You should also have an appreciation and general knowledge regarding New Orleans and Louisiana’s music and culture industries. You must have a deep appreciation and knowledge of New Orleans and Louisiana’s cultural traditions and heritage, and be able to understand how our traditions impact our culture’s present and future development.
• Introduce creative content and ideas to OffBeat Media (print and online) to bring readers to appreciate and respond to OffBeat’s mission of supporting and promoting New Orleans and Louisiana music and culture.
• Work to improve and enhance the mission of OffBeat as an international source of information on local music and culture.
• Organize, document and assign stories, interviews, reviews and other projects, for print and web in accordance with our deadlines and production schedule.
• Write persuasive stories, interviews, reviews, special features.
• Work with art director to assign and choose photography, covers, graphic design and illustrations.
• Work in conjunction with listings editor and oversee acquisition of listings content for the magazine and website; proof listings; ensure listings editor updates information regularly.
• Recruit, supervise and train editorial interns and develop relationships with internship programs at universities..
• Actively use Twitter and Facebook, including posting OffBeat content, and incorporate other social media platforms under the OffBeat umbrella.
• Work with web editor to develop, choose and assign web content.
• Edit writers' and interns' submitted assignments.
• Work on OffBeat’s annual Best of The Beat Awards, by leading the selection committee for Lifetime Achievement winners; promote, select and book bands for the event.
• Coordinate and submit entries for Press Club and/or other awards.
• Represent OffBeat as editor and spokesperson at events that we create or sponsor, when necessary.
• Create and maintain a blog presence on OffBeat.com.
• Plan and oversee editorial for other OffBeat special publications.
• Communicate and liaison with publicists, musicians, artists, restaurants.
• Prepare for and appear on TV, radio, web and other non-print media to promote OffBeat’s interests, in conjunction with publisher and promotional staff.
• Ensure quality control of all editorial and graphic content in all OffBeat media outlets.
• 3-5 years of print and online editing experience.
• Experience in music, cultural, alternative newsweekly or consumer lifestyle magazines is desirable, though newspaper writers who can write in a magazine style are welcome to apply.
• Experience working with online content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.) and email platforms (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.).
• Excellent copy editing, copywriting and organizational skills.
• Experience successfully managing a team and leading a publication.
Salary commensurate with experience and skills we seek. Please send resume, cover letter and references (kept confidential) w/salary expectations to qualify for an interview.
The Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans is hiring a Communications Department coordinator with excellent writing, editing and communication skills and expertise in managing social and digital media. Responsibilities include writing content for and coordinating production of agency and program-specific print materials, maintaining Twitter and Facebook accounts, and updating the website. This person will work closely and report directly to the Director of Communications. Candidates should apply online at www.ccano.org.
From: Kelli Vollick Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WDSU-TV, the Hearst Television Station in New Orleans, is seeking candidates for associate producer. This is an early morning shift, part-time position. Successful applicant will work with producers on show content and will operate TelePrompTer during newscast. Previous newsroom experience strongly preferred (will consider internship experience). Strong writing skills required.
• Write scripts for newscast
• Assist in gathering information and communicating with WDSU crews
• Operate TelePrompTer
New Orleans - 70113
• Previous newsroom experience (internships will be considered)
• Strong writing skills
• Must be responsible and work well with others
• Knowledge of New Orleans area a plus
• College degree in journalism or related field preferred
Send resume, writing samples and references to Jonathan Shelley, News Director, WDSU TV. 846 Howard Ave., New Orleans, LA. 70113. Material may be sent via email to email@example.com
This cross trained, team oriented individual leads the
strategy and operations of the SEO and SEM Division. The Director of Search
provides assistance in understanding the online user behavior of clients'
target audiences, defining analytics strategies, managing insight and research
projects, developing interactive strategies, performing analysis and
recommendations. The Director also works with other agency departments
including social media, to provide technical support and recommendations
regarding integration of technologies to ensure that clients' online presence
provides a complete view across multiple platforms.
•Create and guide strategy for all SEO, SEM and Email clients
•Perform monthly deep reviews of all existing clients
•Review new technologies for potential to incorporate into current agency
offerings or client implementation
•Gather and synthesize data from site measurement tools into reports with actionable
•Review and assess client opportunities for increased SEO impact including
social media optimization
•Identification of trends and opportunities through channels such as Facebook,
You Tube, Twitter, LinkedIn and others along with a strategy to integrate as
part of a client's SEO plan
•Work with client partners to proactively develop and propose value-added
ideas/insights to drive the development and execution of interactive strategies
•Identify vendors and partners to deliver value added and full-service
solutions to clients
•Perform internal training for FSC team members on paid search and SEO
•Serve as the final review for recommendations and technical issues and
deliverables before going to client
•5-7 years of relevant industry experience and personnel management
•Strong interest and understanding of online business strategy
•Effective verbal and written communication skills
•Outsourced vendor acquisition and management
•Familiarity with PHP, CSS, HTML and knowledge to guide integration as executed
•Working knowledge of Internet research and compiling and analyzing data,
statistics and trends from web sites
•Strong quantitative analysis skills
•Hands-on experience with analytics tools, Internet research tools, SEO and
Paid Search including Google certification
•Business analysis and data quality management skills
Call (504) 894-8011 for more information.
New Orleans Publishing Group is seeking a graphic designer to work with its
flagship publication, New Orleans CityBusiness, and the other titles under its
roof. The position calls for someone who is comfortable in working in newspaper,
magazine and online formats. We're not your father's weekly business journal,
so we're looking for a talented individual who's willing to push the boundaries
of design. Serious consideration will be given to candidates with hands-on
experience in Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with digital
examples of your work. No phone calls.
Morning Executive Producer to work with producers and other members of the news team to create newscasts that are informative and compelling. The Executive Producer will coordinate some special programming such as elections and debates and will manage breaking news coverage
New Orleans - 70113
• 5 years of producing experience is required
• Previous management experience preferred
• Candidates should demonstrate outstanding organizational and communications skills and possess a creative flair
• We are looking for a newsroom leader who can implement the mission consistently and effectively
• College degree is strongly preferred
Send resume and supporting materials to Jonathan Shelley, News Director, WDSU-TV 846 Howard Ave., New Orleans, LA 70113
Thomas Long Corporate Communications is interviewing for a Mac-proficient, entry-level account coordinator. Please send a resume and no more than three writing samples to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday, January 13.
Category: Digital Media
Position/Title: DIGITAL EDITOR
This is a hands-on position, gathering and compiling content from a variety of
outlets, including the station newsroom, the Internet, wire services, social
media, as well as traditional news sources for publishing on digital media.
There is an emphasis on delivering breaking news and weather accurately and
prioritizing user engagement with our multi-platform content offerings.
• Write and edit materials for target audiences integrating engaging and
creative text, still images, audio- and video-file components, and links to
relevant Internet resources into an appealing and thoughtful presentation for
multi-platforms including online, mobile, tablet, and social media such as
Facebook and e-mail.
• Provide continuous updating, revising and expanding of developing stories.
• Collaborate in building daily web & mobile content with station news
management, reporters, photographers, assignment editors and producers.
• Coordinate, coach and involve the entire newsroom in the online processes for
digital content production and social outreach on multiple platforms.
• Provide added content and social media value to reports initially developed
by broadcast journalists.
• Provide digital content leadership in daily editorial meetings with an
emphasis on content gathering and presentation that prioritizes immediacy,
interactivity and integration on all digital and social platforms.
• Execute digital content plan on station-guided big events and major breaking
news and weather.
• Provide digital content/social media/operations support to complement station
programming, marketing and sales efforts.
• Execute company directed HTV digital initiatives (i.e. digital news
gathering, product upgrades and social media.)
• Regularly participate in group-wide digital content discussions/meetings with
emphasis on sharing digital efforts and concerns; rapidly communicate best
practices to news management to appropriately prioritize execution.
• Prioritize the growth and engagement of online users and communities to
capture content that emphasizes the “one-to-one” nature of the web. Integrate
user generated content as part of “crowd sourcing” to complement our
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/29/2011
Closing Date: 10/29/2011
City: New Orleans
Experience: Experience Requirements:
• Preferably 3-5 years prior experience working for a television news station,
daily newspaper or in a digital environment.
• Prior supervisory experience helpful.
• Demonstrated journalism background; strong news judgment; knowledge of legal
and ethical issues in the digital media.
• Demonstrated social media background; knowledge of legal and ethical issues
surrounding social media.
• Highly developed digital skill set with experience in content management
systems, HTML, and knowledge of coding for the web.
Requirements: Qualifications Requirements:
• Ability to work collaboratively with digital and broadcast journalists.
• Knowledge of editing and AP Stylebook standards.
• Ability to pass writing and editing test.
• Ability to convey complex subject matter clearly and engagingly.
• Ability to catch spelling errors without electronic assistance.
• Ability to manage time and meet multiple daily deadlines for various
• Ability to be flexible in schedule to cover major and/or breaking news
• Ability to work with a positive attitude.
• Ability to work well in a multitasking environment with frequent
interruptions, paying close attention to details.
Education: • Preferably Bachelors in Journalism or related field.
Additional Information: EOE
Contact: To Apply:
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position effective on Jan.1, 2012
Jesuit High School / Office of Institutional Advancement
The creative director, working under the direction, supervision, and evaluation of the advancement
director, will design and layout advancement-related publications, create and manage content for the
home page of the Jesuit web site, and assist with the execution of a brand, marketing, and social media
Design and layout JAYNotes (three issues per year, including President’s Report)
Design and layout other advancement-related publications
Create and manage content and images for Jesuit web site home page
Assist communications director with photography of Jesuit events
Assist with the execution of a brand, marketing, and social media strategy
Develop additional creative programs and design concepts that meet the business
objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy as requested
Communicate and work effectively as a member of the advancement team
Undergraduate degree in Graphic Arts or related field or equivalent graphic design
Web design, e-marketing, e-commerce, advertising, public relations, and publications
Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, web site operation and imagery
Experience working with HTML, Microsoft Office, Excel, Photoshop or ACDSee, Adobe
Acrobat, InDesign. Illustrator, Flash, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Experience with computer-based audio and video editing
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Resumes and CVs should be sent to:
Jesuit High School
Tom Bagwill, Dir. of Institutional Advancement
4133 Banks St., New Orleans, LA 70119