Check back here for updated job postings in the media and public relations field.
To submit a job listing email PressClubNewOrleans@gmail.com
Where Y'at, a New Orleans monthly publication, is looking for an editor/art director. This is a full-time position and candidates must possess the following:
If interested, please send five design samples and three writing samples, along with your resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OffBeat, New Orleans & Louisiana’s Music & Culture Media, is seeking a hands-on, knowledgeable, visionary editor with deep-rooted knowledge of New Orleans and Louisiana music (R&B, blues, rock, Cajun, zydeco, jazz, hip-hop, brass bands, etc.) and culture (art, cuisine, history, neighborhoods, cultural trends, etc.). You must possess an in-depth working knowledge of New Orleans and Louisiana’s live music scene. You should also have an appreciation and general knowledge regarding New Orleans and Louisiana’s music and culture industries. You must have a deep appreciation and knowledge of New Orleans and Louisiana’s cultural traditions and heritage, and be able to understand how our traditions impact our culture’s present and future development.
• Introduce creative content and ideas to OffBeat Media (print and online) to bring readers to appreciate and respond to OffBeat’s mission of supporting and promoting New Orleans and Louisiana music and culture.
• Work to improve and enhance the mission of OffBeat as an international source of information on local music and culture.
• Organize, document and assign stories, interviews, reviews and other projects, for print and web in accordance with our deadlines and production schedule.
• Write persuasive stories, interviews, reviews, special features.
• Work with art director to assign and choose photography, covers, graphic design and illustrations.
• Work in conjunction with listings editor and oversee acquisition of listings content for the magazine and website; proof listings; ensure listings editor updates information regularly.
• Recruit, supervise and train editorial interns and develop relationships with internship programs at universities..
• Actively use Twitter and Facebook, including posting OffBeat content, and incorporate other social media platforms under the OffBeat umbrella.
• Work with web editor to develop, choose and assign web content.
• Edit writers' and interns' submitted assignments.
• Work on OffBeat’s annual Best of The Beat Awards, by leading the selection committee for Lifetime Achievement winners; promote, select and book bands for the event.
• Coordinate and submit entries for Press Club and/or other awards.
• Represent OffBeat as editor and spokesperson at events that we create or sponsor, when necessary.
• Create and maintain a blog presence on OffBeat.com.
• Plan and oversee editorial for other OffBeat special publications.
• Communicate and liaison with publicists, musicians, artists, restaurants.
• Prepare for and appear on TV, radio, web and other non-print media to promote OffBeat’s interests, in conjunction with publisher and promotional staff.
• Ensure quality control of all editorial and graphic content in all OffBeat media outlets.
• 3-5 years of print and online editing experience.
• Experience in music, cultural, alternative newsweekly or consumer lifestyle magazines is desirable, though newspaper writers who can write in a magazine style are welcome to apply.
• Experience working with online content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.) and email platforms (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.).
• Excellent copy editing, copywriting and organizational skills.
• Experience successfully managing a team and leading a publication.
Salary commensurate with experience and skills we seek. Please send resume, cover letter and references (kept confidential) w/salary expectations to qualify for an interview.
The Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans is hiring a Communications Department coordinator with excellent writing, editing and communication skills and expertise in managing social and digital media. Responsibilities include writing content for and coordinating production of agency and program-specific print materials, maintaining Twitter and Facebook accounts, and updating the website. This person will work closely and report directly to the Director of Communications. Candidates should apply online at www.ccano.org.
From: Kelli Vollick
This cross trained, team oriented individual leads the strategy and operations of the SEO and SEM Division. The Director of Search provides assistance in understanding the online user behavior of clients' target audiences, defining analytics strategies, managing insight and research projects, developing interactive strategies, performing analysis and recommendations. The Director also works with other agency departments including social media, to provide technical support and recommendations regarding integration of technologies to ensure that clients' online presence provides a complete view across multiple platforms.
Call (504) 894-8011 for more information.
New Orleans Publishing Group is seeking a graphic designer to work with its flagship publication, New Orleans CityBusiness, and the other titles under its roof. The position calls for someone who is comfortable in working in newspaper, magazine and online formats. We're not your father's weekly business journal, so we're looking for a talented individual who's willing to push the boundaries of design. Serious consideration will be given to candidates with hands-on experience in Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator. Send resumes to email@example.com with digital examples of your work. No phone calls.
Thomas Long Corporate Communications is interviewing for a Mac-proficient, entry-level account coordinator. Please send a resume and no more than three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Friday, January 13.
Category: Digital Media
Position/Title: DIGITAL EDITOR
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/29/2011
Closing Date: 10/29/2011
City: New Orleans
Experience: Experience Requirements:
Additional Information: EOE
Contact: To Apply:
Jesuit High School / Office of Institutional Advancement
The creative director, working under the direction, supervision, and evaluation of the advancement
director, will design and layout advancement-related publications, create and manage content for the
home page of the Jesuit web site, and assist with the execution of a brand, marketing, and social media
Design and layout JAYNotes (three issues per year, including President’s Report)
Design and layout other advancement-related publications
Create and manage content and images for Jesuit web site home page
Assist communications director with photography of Jesuit events
Assist with the execution of a brand, marketing, and social media strategy
Develop additional creative programs and design concepts that meet the business
objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy as requested
Communicate and work effectively as a member of the advancement team
Undergraduate degree in Graphic Arts or related field or equivalent graphic design
Web design, e-marketing, e-commerce, advertising, public relations, and publications
Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, web site operation and imagery
Experience working with HTML, Microsoft Office, Excel, Photoshop or ACDSee, Adobe
Acrobat, InDesign. Illustrator, Flash, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Experience with computer-based audio and video editing
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Resumes and CVs should be sent to:
Jesuit High School
Tom Bagwill, Dir. of Institutional Advancement
4133 Banks St., New Orleans, LA 70119