Thanks to all of you who made the Rummage Sale a huge success. We raised almost $3000 for the London Trip. We had approximately 20 students volunteer both Friday night and Saturday and they really helped make the event fun and easier to manage.
I visited with Scott Currey from the Prescott Chamber of Commerce last week regarding a water sales fundraiser for the Memorial day weekend. We would sell bottled water from the area around the Chamber building on the Saturday, Sunday and Mondays of the Holiday weekend. The group that sold water last year made just under 1K. The money will go to the London trip. I can organize and run the water sales on Sunday, May 24 but I need a Booster Parent to volunteer to run the sales on Saturday and another on Monday since I work both of those days. The Saturday and Sunday hours are 9 am to 5 pm and Monday will be slightly shortened day of 9 am to 3 pm. Please let me know if you can run and organize either the Saturday or Monday event. If no one volunteers then I will have to advise Scott to let another group take over.
Scott is also in charge of the December Acker Night. They want a letter from me requesting funds for the London trip and he said they would donate $4000 for our cause. We also talked about ways to generate more donations at Acker night - possible having Instrumental Music Students holding tip jars the night of the event at the businesses that participate.
Our next Band Booster meeting has to be changed to avoid the final week of school and will be held on Thursday, May 14 at 7:00 pm in the Band Room. We need at least 10 Boosters present in order to conduct business. We will be voting to amend the by-laws to allow me to continue as your president beyond the current two year limit. We did not have anyone volunteer to take over the President’s position and I hope that we all agree that it is imperative that someone continues so that we can continue to provide support for ALL of our music students. Rita Dennis will need an official re-election vote as she has graciously volunteered to continue for another year and we are still looking for a President Elect and a secretary.
I want to thank all of you Boosters who have seniors that are graduating. I appreciate your help and this organization is strong because of your activism. I would like to send out a very special “THANK YOU” to our outgoing secretary Lisa Mauldin and past president John Trent. Your participation and dedication are greatly appreciated!
May 5 at 7 pm in the RST is the Symphonic and Wind Ensemble Concert.
May 11 at 7 pm in the RST is the String Spectacular.
May 13 at 6 pm in the RST is the Senior Banquet.
May 18 at 7 pm in the RST is the Jazz Band and Percussions Concert.
May 22 at 6:30 pm on the football field is the Commencement Ceremony.
May 30 at 11 am at the Granite Creek Park is the end of the year party for ALL of our music students. More details to follow…
Band and Orchestra Booster President
The donor list of merchants who generously donated merchandise to help the Boosters have a successful 2015 Italian Dinner and Silent Auction night is updated and posted. Please review the list and patronize these community minded businesses and show them that you appreciate their support of the Instrumental Music Programs at Prescott High School.
You can find the list in the "Forms & Resources" navigation link on the left side of the home page or click here to open in a new window: 2015 Silent Auction Donors.pdf
This Saturday, February 28th, Prescott High's Band, Orchestra & Wind Ensemble travel to Highland High School in Gilbert, AZ to attend the A.B.O.D.A. Area Concert Festival. The following is a schedule for that day:
8:30 Roll Call in Band Room, load buses & depart (Need to bring sack lunch)
11:30 Arrive Highland High School - eat sack lunch
1:00 Orchestra performs
2:30 Symphonic Band performs
4:00 Wind Ensemble performs
5:45 Depart Highland High School - stop for fast food
9:00 Arrive Prescott High School
The Pride of Prescott Band Picture photo shoot has been rescheduled for Wednesday, March 19th, 2015 at 3:30 P.M. to be taken on the North side steps of the Courthouse on the square. Brooke Photography will be doing the photo shoot and pictures of the band and your student musician will be available for purchase. Don't miss this opportunity to get a professional picture of your student in their uniforms!
The unapproved minutes from the meeting held February 19th are now posted. They will be submitted for approval at the next regular meeting. The meeting for March 19th will not be held due to the Booster's Annual Italian Dinner and Silent Auction taking place that night.
President Noel Kingston has been advised that the Band Photography session scheduled for Wednesday afternoon, Feb 18th has been cancelled for today due to a conflict with the Kayla Mueller Memorial on this date.
The Photography session will be rescheduled to a new time to be determined later. When a new date and time is set, a broadcast email will be sent out and posted here as soon as it is known.
I just wanted to mention some upcoming events that Involve the Instrumental Music Program, Winterguard and the Boosters.
1. February 7th - Winterguard Competition at Buckeye High School.
2. February 9th The Prescott Area Combined Band Concert at the Yavapai College Perfuming Arts Center - includes Prescott High School Wind Ensemble, Bradshaw Mountain High School Concert Band, and Yavapai College Symphonic Band as they present a concert featuring each band performing individually followed by a grand finale.
3. February 18th - Marching Band Picture Downtown at 3:30pm.
4. February 19th - Booster Meeting at 7pm in the Ruth Street Theater.
5. February 19th thru 21st - Regionals at Mohave High School with one female bus chaperone needed (volunteer at http://phsbb.ivolunteer.com/event_buschaperone).
6. February 21 - Northwest Regional Band Concert @ Mohave High School
7. February 21 - Winter Guard Competition at Gilbert High School
8. February 23 - Chipotle' Fundraiser; 4pm to 7pm ( more details to follow)
9. February 28th - Winterguard Competition at Casa Grande High School.
10. February 28th - ABODA Area Concert Festival at Highland High School to include the Orchestra (1pm), Symphonic Band (2:30pm) and Wind Ensemble (4pm) with six bus chaperones needed (volunteer at http://phsbb.ivolunteer.com/event_buschaperone).
11. March 3rd - Jazz Festival.
12. March 7th - Winterguard Competition at Highland High School.
13. March 19th - Italian Dinner and Silent Auction PHS Cafeteria 5 to 7:30pm.
14. March 23rd to April 3rd - Kiwanis Auction where we will volunteer two nights to answer phones (more information to follow later).
15. March 28th - Winterguard State Competition at Grand Canyon University.
16. May 2nd - Booster Rummage Sale all day at PHS.
Check the "Donors List" page found in the "Forms & Resources" navigation on the left to see a list of the generous people, businesses and organizations who have donated items for our upcoming Silent Auction
We STILL three (3) volunteer bus chaperones for the Regional Auditions being held at Coconino High School in Flagstaff on January 24th. Time window of commitment is from 6:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Here is a chance to support the Boosters and our student musicians by volunteering. It will be a fun time!
It was brought to our attention that the 2014 Tax Credit Form previously posted contained an error, which has been corrected. The form with the same name is now corrected and downloadable.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have created.