The donor list of merchants who generously donated merchandise to help the Boosters have a successful 2015 Italian Dinner and Silent Auction night is updated and posted. Please review the list and patronize these community minded businesses and show them that you appreciate their support of the Instrumental Music Programs at Prescott High School.
You can find the list in the "Forms & Resources" navigation link on the left side of the home page or click here to open in a new window: 2015 Silent Auction Donors.pdf
This Saturday, February 28th, Prescott High's Band, Orchestra & Wind Ensemble travel to Highland High School in Gilbert, AZ to attend the A.B.O.D.A. Area Concert Festival. The following is a schedule for that day:
8:30 Roll Call in Band Room, load buses & depart (Need to bring sack lunch)
11:30 Arrive Highland High School - eat sack lunch
1:00 Orchestra performs
2:30 Symphonic Band performs
4:00 Wind Ensemble performs
5:45 Depart Highland High School - stop for fast food
9:00 Arrive Prescott High School
The Pride of Prescott Band Picture photo shoot has been rescheduled for Wednesday, March 19th, 2015 at 3:30 P.M. to be taken on the North side steps of the Courthouse on the square. Brooke Photography will be doing the photo shoot and pictures of the band and your student musician will be available for purchase. Don't miss this opportunity to get a professional picture of your student in their uniforms!
The unapproved minutes from the meeting held February 19th are now posted. They will be submitted for approval at the next regular meeting. The meeting for March 19th will not be held due to the Booster's Annual Italian Dinner and Silent Auction taking place that night.
President Noel Kingston has been advised that the Band Photography session scheduled for Wednesday afternoon, Feb 18th has been cancelled for today due to a conflict with the Kayla Mueller Memorial on this date.
The Photography session will be rescheduled to a new time to be determined later. When a new date and time is set, a broadcast email will be sent out and posted here as soon as it is known.
I just wanted to mention some upcoming events that Involve the Instrumental Music Program, Winterguard and the Boosters.
1. February 7th - Winterguard Competition at Buckeye High School.
2. February 9th The Prescott Area Combined Band Concert at the Yavapai College Perfuming Arts Center - includes Prescott High School Wind Ensemble, Bradshaw Mountain High School Concert Band, and Yavapai College Symphonic Band as they present a concert featuring each band performing individually followed by a grand finale.
3. February 18th - Marching Band Picture Downtown at 3:30pm.
4. February 19th - Booster Meeting at 7pm in the Ruth Street Theater.
5. February 19th thru 21st - Regionals at Mohave High School with one female bus chaperone needed (volunteer at http://phsbb.ivolunteer.com/event_buschaperone).
6. February 21 - Northwest Regional Band Concert @ Mohave High School
7. February 21 - Winter Guard Competition at Gilbert High School
8. February 23 - Chipotle' Fundraiser; 4pm to 7pm ( more details to follow)
9. February 28th - Winterguard Competition at Casa Grande High School.
10. February 28th - ABODA Area Concert Festival at Highland High School to include the Orchestra (1pm), Symphonic Band (2:30pm) and Wind Ensemble (4pm) with six bus chaperones needed (volunteer at http://phsbb.ivolunteer.com/event_buschaperone).
11. March 3rd - Jazz Festival.
12. March 7th - Winterguard Competition at Highland High School.
13. March 19th - Italian Dinner and Silent Auction PHS Cafeteria 5 to 7:30pm.
14. March 23rd to April 3rd - Kiwanis Auction where we will volunteer two nights to answer phones (more information to follow later).
15. March 28th - Winterguard State Competition at Grand Canyon University.
16. May 2nd - Booster Rummage Sale all day at PHS.
Check the "Donors List" page found in the "Forms & Resources" navigation on the left to see a list of the generous people, businesses and organizations who have donated items for our upcoming Silent Auction
We STILL three (3) volunteer bus chaperones for the Regional Auditions being held at Coconino High School in Flagstaff on January 24th. Time window of commitment is from 6:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Here is a chance to support the Boosters and our student musicians by volunteering. It will be a fun time!
It was brought to our attention that the 2014 Tax Credit Form previously posted contained an error, which has been corrected. The form with the same name is now corrected and downloadable.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have created.
Hello, Band Boosters!
The Prescott Area Youth Leadership (PAYL) Academy is now accepting applications for its 2015 leadership skills building weekend retreat at Chapel Rock Camp in Prescott on Feb. 13-15, 2015.
Helping motivated high school students build a foundation for developing effective leadership skills in a relaxed atmosphere.
Informative and action packed. Local leaders teach servant leadership basics like self-understanding, character building, active listening, team building, conflict resolution, and public speaking. Plus there's a ton of outdoor fun: zip lines, climbing walls, marshmallows around the campfire and more.
There is no cost to participate! All meals are included.
The application is online at:
I hope that we have some PHS music and guard students apply!
PHS Band Boosters Secretary and
Prescott Area Leadership Board Member