- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Philippines came the jade vine (Strongylodon macrobotrys), from Tahiti came plumeria (Plumeria species), and from Mexico came Bougainvillea (Bougainvillea species)—and all of these blossoms were fashioned into beautiful lei.
- Rapid City, South Dakota NWS Office
- A solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or an object of worship
- A religious service, esp. a regular one, at which people gather in order to pray together
- (prayer) the act of communicating with a deity (especially as a petition or in adoration or contrition or thanksgiving); "the priest sank to his knees in prayer"
- (pray) beg: call upon in supplication; entreat; "I beg you to stop!"
- An earnest hope or wish
- (pray) address a deity, a prophet, a saint or an object of worship; say a prayer; "pray to the Lord"
- (biblical) of or pertaining to or contained in or in accordance with the Bible; "biblical names"; "biblical Hebrew"
- a book regarded as authoritative in its field
- The Jewish scriptures, consisting of the Torah or Law, the Prophets, and the Hagiographa or Writings
- The Christian scriptures, consisting of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments
- A copy of the Christian or Jewish scriptures
- the sacred writings of the Christian religions; "he went to carry the Word to the heathen"
prayers from the bible - The Prayer
The Prayer Bible
Christians long for ways to deepen their spiritual life. The Prayer Bible will guide you to pray Scripture through Prayer Prompts on every page. You will find stories of how God answers prayer, quotes and reflections on prayer, and programs to help you organize your prayer life. Transform your prayer life into a meaningful and focused time with God using The Prayer Bible.
Prayer Prompts give direction on how to pray Scripture.
Prayer Paths help you track key prayer topics throughout Scripture and apply them to your life.
Prayer Traditions offer background and history on different approaches to or facets of prayer.
Stories of Answered Prayer give intimate glimpses into how prayer specifically affected the lives of real people.
Prayer Quotes contain words of reflection on prayer from hymns and great people of faith.
Prayer Programs guide your prayer time with a different topic to pray through each week for 30 weeks.
Book introductions offer a snapshot of the themes found in each Bible book and how prayer is featured in the book's message.
Includes a topical index of Important Prayers of the Bible
Oil painting with Jewish prayer shawl, Christian Bible, in the garden.
1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. 5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. 6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) 7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Big Prayer Bible
Prayer Bible from the 2006 National Day of Prayer in Washington DC.
prayers from the bible
* * * EVERYONE WHO WATCHES THE LORD'S PRAYER WILL KNOW HOW TO HAVE THE GREAT POWER JESUS PROMISED EVERY BELIEVER. ON MANY OCCASIONS JESUS TAUGHT HIS DISCIPLES THE POWER OF PRAYER THROUGH PARABLES AND HIS PERSONAL EXAMPLE. AFTER JESUS' RESURRECTION AND ASCENSION INTO HEAVEN, HIS DISCIPLES FIND THEIR FAITH GREATLY TESTED WHEN PETER IS ARRESTED AND CAST INTO A ROMAN PRISON. AS HEROD PLOTS PETER'S DEATH, THE BELIEVERS GATHER TOGETHER AND FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE THAT JESUS TAUGHT. THROUGH FAITH AND PERSISTENT PRAYER, PETER'S CHAINS ARE BROKEN AND THE ANGEL OF THE LORD OPENS THE PRISON GATES. THE UNITED PRAYER OF THE RIGHTEOUS SAVES PETER AND IS STILL A POWER ON EARTH WITHOUT EQUAL. * * *