PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
Google scholar profile: http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=k9oa6zIAAAAJ
Citations: 680, h-index:10, i10-index:11
International Journals (SCI indexed, peer reviewed)
* Students (PhD and B.Tech)
1. Sameer Gupta*, Prabir Sarkar, and Ekta Singla, 2015. Understanding different stakeholders of sustainable product and service based systems using generic algorithm. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy (CTEP), August 2015, Volume 17, Issue 6, pp 1523-1533, Springer (I.F= 1.7)(http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10098-014-0880-y ).
2. Gyanendra Singh Goindi*, Santosh Namdeo Chavan*, Debaprasad Mandal, Prabir Sarkar, Anshu Dhar Jayal, 2015. Investigation of ionic liquids as novel metalworking fluids during minimum quantity lubrication machining of a plain carbon steel, Procedia CIRP. Special issue on 12th Global Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing – Emerging Potentials, Volume 26, 2015, Pages 341–345, Elsevier (doi:10.1016/j.procir.2014.09.002).
3. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2015. Creativity: Generic Definition, Tests, Factors and Methods. The International Journal of Design Sciences and Technology, Europia, vol, 21, no.1 (http://europia.org/IJDST/vol21.htm ).
4. Prabir Sarkar, Bhaanuj Sharma*, and Ural Malik*, 2014. Energy generation from grey water in high raised buildings: the case of India. Renewable Energy, Elsevier, Volume 69, September 2014, Pages 284–289 (I.F= 3.4) (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2014.03.046 ).
5. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2014. Ideas generated in conceptual design and their effects on creativity, Research in Engineering Design, Springer, July 2014, Volume 25, Issue 3, pp 185-201 (I.F= 1.5) (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00163-014-0173-9 ).
6. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2014. What affects design outcomes of conceptual design? International Journal of Design Engineering, Inderscience, Vol 5, no. 4, pp-289-321 (http://www.inderscienceonline.com/doi/abs/10.1504/IJDE.2014.067075) .
7. Patel Amit R*, Sarkar Prabir, Singh Harpreet, Tyagi Himanshu, and Sagi Sudhakar, 2014. Life cycle assessment of intermediate Pyrolysis of wheat straw for sustainable energy alternate and emission mitigation. International Review of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 2248-9967 Volume 4, Number 4 (2014), pp. 325-330, Research India Publications (http://www.ripublication.com/Volume/iraerv4n4spl.htm ).
8. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2013. A support for protocol analysis for design research. Design Issues, MIT Press, vol. 29, issue- 4, pp-70-81 (I.F=1.5) (http://dx.doi.org/10.1162/DESI_a_00231 ).
9. Che B. Joung, John Carrell, Prabir Sarkar, Shaw C. Feng, 2013. Categorization of indicators for sustainable manufacturing. Ecological Indicators, Elsevier, Volume 24, January 2013, Pages 148–157 (I.F= 3.0) (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2012.05.030 ).
10. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2011. Assessing design creativity. Design Studies, vol. 32, Issue 3, May 2011, Elsevier (I.F= 2.5) (http://www.journals.elsevier.com/design-studies/most-cited-articles/ ). [Most cited paper of 2014 in Design Studies Journal.]
11. Sudarsan Rachuri, Ram D. Sriram, Anantha Narayanan, Prabir Sarkar, Jae-Hyun Lee, Kevin W. Lyons, Sharon J. Kemmerer, 2011. Summary of the NIST workshop on Sustainable Manufacturing: Metrics, Standards, and Infrastructure. International Journal for Sustainable Manufacturing, vol. 2, Issue 2/3, Inderscience (http://www.inderscienceonline.com/doi/abs/10.1504/IJSM.2011.042154 ).
12. Gaurav Ameta and Prabir Sarkar, 2010. Comparison of electronics products standards for sustainability. International Journal of Product design, April 2010, Serials publications.
13. Sudarsan Rachuri, Prabir Sarkar, Dimitris Kiritsis, Masaru Nakano, 2009. Editorial: Special Issue on: "Developing Sustainable Products, Processes and Services", International Journal of Product Lifecycle Management, Vol 4, No 1-3, Inderscience (http://www.inderscience.com/info/inarticletoc.php?jcode=ijplm&year=2009&vol=4&issue=1/2/3 ).
14. Prabir Sarkar, Phaneendra S, Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2008. Developing engineering products using inspiration from nature. Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, JCISE. Vol. 8, No. 3. ASME. (I.F= 0.5) (http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/1.2956995 ).
15. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2008. The effect of representation of triggers on design outcomes. Artificial Intelligence in Engineering Design and Manufacturing, AIEDAM. Journal’s special issue on multi-modal design. Vol 22. Issue -2. Cambridge university press. (I.F=0.6) (http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0890060408000073 )
16. Amaresh Chakrabarti, Prabir Sarkar, B. Leelavathamma, B.S. Nataraju, 2005, A functional representation for aiding biomimetic and artificial inspiration of new ideas. Artificial Intelligence in Engineering Design and Manufacturing, AIEDAM. Vol. 19, Issue – 2, pp-113-131. Cambridge university press. (I.F.= 0.6) (http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0890060405050109 ). [One of the top ten most cited articles for this journal for the last two years.]
National Journals (peer reviewed)
1. Prabir Sarkar and Guruprasad Rao, 2013. Creativity Demystified.IPI Journal, Special issue on product design and development – part 3, April/May 2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, Indian Plastics Institute.
1. Amaresh Chakrabarti, Sudarsan Rachuri, Prabir Sarkar, and Srinivas Kota (Eds.), 2010. Designing Sustainable Products, Services and Manufacturing Systems, Research Publishing Services, Singapore. ISBN: 978-981-08-5466-9.
2. Special issue book: Sudarsan Rachuri, Prabir Sarkar, Dimitris Kiritsis, Masaru Nakano (Eds.), 2009. Developing sustainable products, processes and services. International Journal of Product Lifecycle Management, Vol 4, No 1-3. ISSN no. for the journal is 1743-5110.
1. Sudarsan Rachuri, Prabir Sarkar, Anantha Narayanan, Jae Hyun Lee, Paul Witherell, 2011. Towards a Methodology for Analyzing Sustainability Standards using the Zachman Framework. In Jürgen Hesselbach and Christoph Herrmann (Eds.) Globalized Solutions for Sustainability in Manufacturing. ISBN: 978-3-642-19691-1. Springer.
2. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2008. Assessing innovation through product analysis. In Regalla Srinivasa Prakash and Kuldip Sangwan (Eds.), Product Design and Manufacturing: A collaborative and Product Lifecycle Approach, New Age International Publishers, 2010.
3. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2009. Analyzing Creativity Methods. In Amaresh Chakrabarti (Eds.), Research into Design: Supporting Multiple Facets of Product Development, Research Publishing Services.
4. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2008. Studying engineering design creativity- developing a common definition and associated measures. In, John Gero (Ed.) Studying Design Creativity, Springer Verlag, 2008.
5. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2006. Assessing degree of novelty of products to ascertain innovative products. In Bouras A., Gurumoorthy B. and Han S. (Eds.), 2006, Product life cycle management, going beyond product development and delivery, Inderscience Enterprises limited, Switzerland. (http://www.inderscience.com/ browse/ book.php? journalID= 1003&action=editorial)
Proceedings of International Conferences (peer reviewed)
21. Prabir Sarkar, Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2006. Assessing degree of novelty of products to ascertain innovative products. International Conference on Product Life Cycle Management, PLM, 2006.
22. Amaresh Chakrabarti, Prabir Sarkar, B. Leelavathamma, B.S. Nataraju, 2005. A behavioural model for representing biological and artificial systems for inspiring novel designs, International Conference on Engineering Design, ICED 05, Melbourne, August 15– 18, 2005.
National conferences and symposiums (peer reviewed)
1. Sagar Bhimraj Dhage*, Gyanendra Singh Goindi*, Anshu Dhar jayal, Prabir Sarkar, 2013. Influence of cutting tool flank surface texture in mechanical micro-manufacturing of AISI 1045 steel. National conference on manufacturing, vision for future, Oct 12-13, 2013, IIT Guwahati.
2. Prabir Sarkar, 2008. Supporting search of design spaces during design, Symposium on Research in Product Design, 2008, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
3. Prabir Sarkar, 2007. Exploring creativity, Symposium on Research in Product Design, 2007, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
4. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2006. Determining and measuring product novelty to ascertain innovation in product development cycle. Proceedings of the National Conference on Design for Product Life Cycle, DPLC. February 17-18, 2006, BITS, Pilani.
5. Amaresh Chakrabarti, Prabir Sarkar, Phaneendra.S, B.S. Nataraju, 2005. A Behavioural Model for Representing Natural and Artificial Systems for Inspiring Novel Designs. Proceedings of 5th National Seminar on Aerospace and related Mechanisms, ARMS, 2005. November 18-19, 2005, ISRO, Bangalore.
6. Prabir Sarkar and K.Vijay, “Implementation of expert system on wire-cutting EDM”, presented in National Level Technical Symposium, held at R.E.C, Kurukshetra, India, Literati, 1997.
1. Prabir Sarkar, Sudarsan Rachuri, Ram D Sriram, 2009. Understanding sustainability of products. Indo-US workshop on Designing Sustainable Products, Services and manufacturing Systems, Bangalore India, Aug 18-20, 2009.
2. Prabir Sarkar, Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2008. Studying engineering design creativity, Invited paper in the Proceedings of the NSF Workshop on Studying Design Creativity, John Gero (ed.), Aix-en-Provence, France, March 2008.
1. Sudarsan Rachuri, Ram D. Sriram, Anantha Narayanan, Prabir Sarkar, Jae-Hyun Lee, Kevin W. Lyons, Sharon J. Kemmerer (Eds.), 2010. Sustainable Manufacturing: Metrics, Standards, and Infrastructure Workshop report, NISTIR.
2. Dozer group, BEML, 2002. DSIR (Govt. of India’s department for Scientific and Industrial Research) report on directional boring system.
3. Dozer group, BEML, 2002. TIFAC (Technology Information Forecasting & Assessment Council) report on Radio Controlled Dozer (Disaster management equipment).