Dr. Prabir Sarkar is an Assistant Professor in the School of Mechanical, Materials and Energy Engineering at IIT Ropar. Prior to joining IIT Ropar, he was working as an Associate Researcher at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Gaithersburg, USA. At NIST, Dr. Sarkar was working on sustainable standards and manufacturing. He completed his PhD from Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore on creativity in engineering design. He did his Master of Design also from IISc on Product Design and Engineering. He worked for Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) in the R&D division.
Dr. Sarkar’s research interests include product design, sustainability, creativity, and design research. He is interested in developing new methods and tools for helping designers and companies to design novel, useful, and sustainable products, processes, and services.
Google scholar profile: http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=k9oa6zIAAAAJ
LinkedIn profile: https://in.linkedin.com/pub/prabir-sarkar/18/846/739
1. Sameer Gupta, Prabir Sarkar, and Ekta Singla, 2015. Understanding different stakeholders of sustainable product and service based systems using generic algorithm. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy (CTEP), August 2015, Volume 17, Issue 6, pp 1523-1533,Springer (I.F.= 1.7).
2. Prabir Sarkar, Bhaanuj Sharma, and Ural Malik, 2014. Energy generation from grey water in high raised buildings: the case of India. Renewable Energy, Elsevier, Volume 69, September 2014, Pages 284–289 (I.F= 3.4).
3. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2014. Ideas generated in conceptual design and their effects on creativity, Research in Engineering Design, Springer, April 2014 (I.F= 1.5)
4. Prabir Sarkar and Amaresh Chakrabarti, 2013. A support for protocol analysis for design research. Design Issues, MIT Press, vol. 29, issue- 4, pp-70-81 (I.F=1.5).
5. Che B. Joung, John Carrell, Prabir Sarkar, Shaw C. Feng, 2013. Categorization of indicators for sustainable manufacturing. Ecological Indicators, Elsevier, Volume 24, January 2013, Pages 148–157 (I.F= 3.0).
ABOUT ME >