- Sovereign Rating for the Unrated Developing Countries (joint with Dilip Ratha and Sanket Mohapatra of World Bank). World Development: 2011, vol 39(3) pp 295-307. (lead article)
- Cultural Transmission and Contraceptive Use – Evidence from US-Mexico Migration (download) [Forthcoming in Migration and Development]
- Firm-size and Productivity in India (joint with Priya Nagaraj of William Patterson University) (download) [Accepted, Small Business Economics]
(Shorter version forthcoming in the conference volume of New York State Economic Association Annual Meeting 2010).
Click here to download an additional appendix.
- Cherry-Picking or Lemon-Grabbing? Investigating
FDI in Indian Manufacturing Firms (Joint with Priya Nagaraj of Graduate Center, CUNY) [Forthcoming in Foreign Trade Review]
- Mother's Autonomy and Child Welfare - A New Measure and Some New Evidence (joint with Tanika Chakraborty of DIW, Berlin) (IZA Discussion Paper) [Revise and Resubmit]
- On the political economy of urban informal sector (joint with Debipriya Chatterjee of University of Wisconsin, Milwakee). SSRN Version coming soon
- A case study (joint with Jayanta Basu of Engio, Kolkata, India) (download) This project was funded by the PSC-CUNY Award # 60148-39 40. Click here to access the survey related materials.
- Perceived vs. Actual returns from college and educational outcomes - Evidence from a classroom survey (joint with Robert Melara, CCNY) (Draft coming Aug 9, 2012) (This project is partially funded by a grant from the Charles B. Rangel Center of Public Service)