Picture-Perfect Meals™Milk Chocolate TrufflesMakes about 25 truffles
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- cocoa powder, flaked coconut, toasted, chopped nuts, for rolling
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax
paper and set aside. In a double boiler over barely simmering water,
combine the chocolates, butter and cream. Cook over low heat until the
chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from the heat; add the
extracts and stir until smooth and glossy. Pour the chocolate into the
prepared pan and refrigerate until the mixture is firm enough to shape.
Place the toppings in separate bowls. Shape the chocolate into 1-inch
balls and roll in the desired toppings to coat. Refrigerate until ready
…from the Picture-Perfect kitchen:
Feel free to add in a little splash (1 tablespoon) of your favorite
liqueur for a grown-up treat. Bring the truffles to room temperature
- Product Purity: Quality is always key, but
especially when the ingredient list is short. Use high quality
chocolate, like Valrhona or Callebaut and pure vanilla and almond
extracts, like Nielsen-Massey, available at kitchen specialty stores.
- Presentation: For hostess gifts, I place a sampler
of truffles in a velvet box lined with waxed tissue and wrap it with a
beautiful bow. For entertaining, I use the plate in the photo from
World Market. It reminds me of an upscale candy box with the individual
wells for the truffles. Make sure you have a nice assortment of
textures, colors and flavors for an appetizing presentation.
Picture-Perfect Meals™, PPM™ and Changing the Way You Look at Food™
are trademarks of Hutchstone LLC.
content and photography in this recipe is the copyrighted and exclusive
property of Hutchstone LLC. You may copy, distribute and transmit this
content under the following condition:
1. Attribution: You must attribute the work to "pictureperfect meals.com";
2.Non-commercial: You may not use this work for any commercial purpose;
3. No derivative works: You may not alter, transform or build upon this work,
with the understanding that any of the above conditions can be waived with written permission from Hutchstone, LLC.