Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Olives and Feta
- one 14.5-ounce box pasta (penne, macaroni, small shells, fusilli or ziti)
- 4 cups optional add-ins, coarsely chopped: black
olives, red onion, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke
hearts, scallions, pepperoncini, pitted kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large shallot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions until just tender. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl; top with your choice of add-ins and the feta and toss.
- Make the dressing: In a jar, combine all
vinaigrette ingredients through olive oil. Season to taste with salt and
pepper; screw on the lid and vigorously shake the jar until combined
and emulsified. Add as much of the vinaigrette as you wish (I use it
all) to the pasta salad and toss well. Refrigerate for an hour or two to
let the flavors meld before serving.
…from the Picture-Perfect kitchen:
- Planning: Feel free to add more of any ingredient
you like. Cooked, shredded chicken or roasted shrimp make nice add-ins
for a heartier meal.
- Product Purity:
I'm a big fan of Barilla's Plus line of Multigrain pastas and Boar's Head crumbled feta. Yum.
- Presentation: Chinese take-out boxes are a fun way
to transport and serve the pasta. Look for sturdy ones (online and at
some crafts stores) that can stand up to the salad.
Picture-Perfect Meals®, PPM™ and Changing the Way You Look at Food™
are trademarks of Hutchstone LLC.
content and photography in this recipe is the copyrighted and exclusive
property of Hutchstone LLC. You may copy, distribute and transmit this
content under the following condition:
1. Attribution: You must attribute the work to "pictureperfect meals.com";
2.Non-commercial: You may not use this work for any commercial purpose;
3. No derivative works: You may not alter, transform or build upon this work,
with the understanding that any of the above conditions can be waived with written permission from Hutchstone, LLC.