Picture-Perfect Meals™Cinnamon PalmiersMakes about 22 cookies
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 sheets frozen all-butter puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- superfine sugar, for sprinkling
a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon and set
aside. Unfold one pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and roll out
to a 9 x 11-inch rectangle. Brush the pastry with butter. Evenly
sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over the pastry to cover. Gently
press it in with your rolling pin. Working from the short ends, fold
each end half-way to the center. Roll each side up towards the center
until the rolled edges touch. Wrap the log in plastic. Repeat with the
second pastry sheet. Refrigerate both logs overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking
sheet with parchment paper. Working with one log at a time, cut the logs
into 1/2-inch slices and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking
sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with a little sugar; bake until puffed and
golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 3 minutes
before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
…from the Picture-Perfect kitchen:
I think the cookies are best eaten the day that they’re made, but the
dough will keep in the refrigerator for several days and freezes well,
too. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake as directed.
- Product Purity: I’m not one for pretentious or frou-frou
ingredients, but I am adamant about good puff pastry—and not the kind
available at most grocery stores, chemically-engineered, gummy and made
with hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. Dufour makes a
fabulous all-butter puff pastry, available at Whole Foods and specialty
- Presentation: I like to place a few sticks of cinnamon around the cookies for a simple garnish on a pretty glass platter.
Picture-Perfect Meals™, PPM™ and Changing the Way You Look at Food™
are trademarks of Hutchstone LLC.
content and photography in this recipe is the copyrighted and exclusive
property of Hutchstone LLC. You may copy, distribute and transmit this
content under the following condition:
1. Attribution: You must attribute the work to "pictureperfect meals.com";
2.Non-commercial: You may not use this work for any commercial purpose;
3. No derivative works: You may not alter, transform or build upon this work,
with the understanding that any of the above conditions can be waived with written permission from Hutchstone, LLC.