PPDP Symposium Bylaws
- PPDP is an annual symposium.
- PPDP is scheduled by a Steering Committee (SC)
whose composition and function are specified in the next section.
- Each symposium has a Program Committee (PC) that is
responsible for the scientific content of the program.
- Each symposium has a PC Chair that is
responsible for the PC composition and cannot submit any paper.
- Each symposium has a General Chair that is
responsible for local organization, finances, publicity,
and liaison with sponsors.
- PPDP seeks annually for in-cooperation status with ACM SIGPLAN.
- The proceedings are jointly edited by the PC and General Chair and published by the ACM.
- Modifications of these bylaws are submitted to the SC Chair
and require approval of the SC.
PPDP Steering Committee (SC)
- The purpose of the SC is to ensure the long-term success of the PPDP.
- The SC selects the location, date, PC and General Chairs of each symposium.
- The SC consists of the PC
and General Chairs of the last 5 symposia and one
member of the SIGPLAN executive committee.
- The SIGPLAN
representative is appointed by the chair of SIGPLAN, subject
to approval by the chair of the PPDP steering committee,
once every three years when the SIGPLAN executive
- The SC elects its own chair shortly after the end of
- The decisions of the SC require at least 50% of the votes
and a simple majority.