The Greater St. Louis Area Council
2016 Powder Horn Course(s)!
The Greater St. Louis Area Council is offering three options
for completing Powder Horn in 2016! The
registration form is available for all of the course options. The course options are first come, first served, as we have limited
participant spaces. Hope to see you at the course!
To sign up for both weekends (April 28th-May 1st & May 12th-15th, 2016), CLICK HERE
To sign up for only one weekend, CLICK HERE
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
The dates have been set for 2016!
Course Option 1: Two Weekends
April 28th (Thursday @ 7pm) to May 1st
(Sunday @ 5pm), 2016 @ Beaumont Scout Reservation in High Ridge, Missouri and
· May 12th (Thursday @ 7pm) to May 15th (Sunday @ 5pm), 2016 @ S-F Scout Ranch in Knob Lick, Missouri
· Participant Costs: $275
· Spaces: 24 adults & 8 youth
Course Option 2: First Weekend Only
· April 28th (Thursday @ 7pm) to May 1st (Sunday @ 5pm), 2016 @ Beaumont Scout Reservation
· Participant Costs: $175
· Spaces: 8 adults & 8 youth
Course Option 3: Second Weekend Only
· May 12th (Thursday @ 7pm) to May 15th (Sunday @ 5pm), 2016 @ S-F Scout Ranch
· Participant Costs: $150
· Spaces: 8 adults & 8 youthAre you Interested? Want to be kept informed of what is happening with the course?
You can sign up to be put on the email list to be notified when registration starts
and for other course announcements. Click Here
Powder Horn Videos
Powder Horn 2016 Announcement Video
First Weekend of Powder Horn 2014
Second Weekend of Powder Horn 2014
Powder Horn is an outdoor high adventure resource management course designed to motivate and prepare adult and youth leaders to provide their unit with a variety of safe high adventure activities. Any registered Boy Scout of America leader (Cub, Boy, Varsity, Venturing, Sea Scouting or Exploring) that has completed basic leader training for their position is welcome to participate. Youth participants must be 16 years-old (or have Course Director’s approval) through 20 years-old and have completed the basic leadership skill course for their program.
This course will give all participants an opportunity to experience the many outdoor high adventure activities available at our council camps. It will also provide local resources necessary to successfully participate in these outdoor high adventure activities in several ways, including the following:
· Help adult and youth leaders safely conduct outdoor activities of a FUN and challenging nature.
· Provide an introduction and exposure to the resources necessary to successfully lead a unit through an outdoor high adventure program.
· Familiarize Scouts and Scouters with the various Scouting outdoor high adventure programs so that they can help their Scouts successfully meet their requirements. Powder Horn adventures vary from course to course. Your course will include many of the following: backpacking, land navigation, cave exploring, leave no trace, communication, life saving, conservation project development, wilderness survival, cooking, watercraft, COPE, SCUBA, physical fitness, ecology, plants & wildlife, emergency preparedness, mountain biking, equestrian, shooting sports, expedition planning, outdoor living history, first aid, mountaineering, fishing, winter sports, hunting, and working with teens.
No one will be required to participate in any activity they feel uncomfortable with, but we will highly encourage you to participate in every activity offered.
To see more photos of what Powder Horn is, click here to see photos on our Facebook Group. While you're there, join the group to be informed of what is happening with the Greater St. Louis Area Council Powder Horn.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org