Milestone: Year Two of the Tenure Process is a new professional milestone. After engaging with the committee, preparing a portfolio of last year's work and again reflecting upon my teaching last year during Year One, I look forward to this next opportunity to improve my teaching and learning.
The main sections of my portfolio are on the left sidebar, and where it seemed appropriate, there are subsections, subheadings, and attachments. Here is a brief overview of the contents.
- Goals: After reviewing Teaching /Professional Goals for 2009-2010, I developed Teaching/Professional Goals2010-2011 to focus my work.
- Classroom Maintenance: Includes the Course Information Sheet and Syllabus which I provide to students in each class on the first day of instruction so that they receive critical information regarding the course and my expectations of their work. I have also attached my first day activities.
- Sample Materials: There are subpages for selected materials, with comments, for ESL 911, 914 and 924.
- Grading and Testing: These are brief sections concerning my efforts to improve, measure and quantify student learning.
- In SLOs, Program Review and Research: I contextualize the ESL Department's course-level,program-level Student Learning Outcomes and Program Review and indicate the manner in which these are linked to our Institutional Research.
- Professional Development: This section chronicles some of the ways in which I continue striving to grow professionally.
- Opening Portfolio 09-10 will enable the committee to compare last year's portfolio; there I have placed a link returning to 2010 on the sidebar.
- jeannegross.com is a link on the sidebar so the committee can review the site I use to support my classes.