Join the Poplar Tree PTA!
By joining or renewing your annual membership to the PTA, you are enriching
the lives of every child who attends Poplar Tree Elementary School.
Becoming a PTA member will not only establish you within an
informational network, but it will also give you a greater voice in making
decisions that affect your child and our school. Your annual dues allow
the PTA to fund field trips, technology improvements, special assemblies, and
other classroom resources. Whether or not you also volunteer with the
PTA, your membership increases the PTA’s ability to advocate for our
children. You also receive special benefits
from the National PTA.
As PTA volunteers working together, we can help sustain our educational
community and make Poplar Tree a wonderful learning environment for our
children. Please see our Committees and Contacts
pages for more information on how we can use your talents to improve our
school and brighten our children's futures.
Thank you for joining us!
- Annual Family Membership - $20 - this covers up to two members of your family.
- Annual Faculty/Staff Membership - $5.00 for this year!
How to Join
Join using the online form
Pay dues one of four ways:
1. Using Paypal (link included from the form) OR
2. Send a check to school with your child OR
4. Mail check to: Poplar Tree PTA, 13440 Melville Lane, Chantilly, VA 20151
Please make checks payable to the Poplar Tree PTA
Once you have submitted your payment and registration form, you will be added
to the PTA mailing list. Please allow several days for processing.
Thanks again for becoming a member of the Poplar Tree PTA!
Why join the PTA?
The number one reason to join the Poplar Tree Parent
Teacher Association is to benefit your child/children. In doing so, you also
help Poplar Tree Elementary. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening
at Poplar Tree.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs
designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other
parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on
your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences and have fun too!
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with our PTA, you put your
skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child/children and all
children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest
change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school
you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local
PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building
improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be
demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take
advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts
and offers from benefit providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions,
leadership training, e-newsletters and much more. To see a full list of
benefit providers, please visit the national
Become a PTA member and join more than 5 million other people who share your
interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students
and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to
join our not-for-profit parent association.