2016 Season has begun. Please enjoy our beautiful beach but leave it clean of holes, chairs, tents etc.. at night.
Turtle Season is from May 1st to Nov. 1st
- Turn off or shield all beachfront lighting after 9 pm. Click here for approved wildlife lighting solutions. Why this is important.
- Use window coverings to block indoor lights that face the beach.
- Do not use flashlights on the beach.
- Do not leave toys, chairs or other items on the beach that can entrap or impede nesting turtles or hatchlings.
- Fill in all holes and ruts in the sand.
- Report potential nesting hazards (lighting, obstructions, etc.).
- If you see a nesting turtle, stay at least 25 yards behind her at all times.
- If hatchlings are present, do not touch them or interfere with their progress to the ocean. Immediately report any problems to PVSTP at (904) 631-3848.
- Report it immediately to PVSTP at (904) 631-3848 or to Florida Fish & Wildlife (FWC) at 1-888-404-3922.
- Do not touch the turtle unless instructed to by a certified PVSTP volunteer or FWC employee.
- Become familiar with FL Statutes regarding appropriate behavior around hatchlings, nests and nesting turtles. Any contact is prohibited by lawunless directed to by certified personnel.