2014 was a slow year across all of Florida but a record # of Green nests. 2015 has started out to be very active. Please remember to leave the beach clear over night. No beach chairs, tents, or holes left on the beach over night.
We are doing our best to protect our ATV from corrosion from the Salt that collects during our ride. We painted it prior to introduction to the beach and wash it daily.
Turtle Season is from May 1st to Nov. 1st
- Turn off or shield all beachfront lighting after 9 pm. Click here for approved wildlife lighting solutions. Why this is important.
- Use window coverings to block indoor lights that face the beach.
- Do not use flashlights on the beach.
- Do not leave toys, chairs or other items on the beach that can entrap or impede nesting turtles or hatchlings.
- Fill in all holes and ruts in the sand.
- Report potential nesting hazards (lighting, obstructions, etc.).
- If you see a nesting turtle, stay at least 25 yards behind her at all times.
- If hatchlings are present, do not touch them or interfere with their progress to the ocean. Immediately report any problems to PVSTP at (904) 631-3848.
- Report it immediately to PVSTP at (904) 631-3848 or to Florida Fish & Wildlife (FWC) at 1-888-404-3922.
- Do not touch the turtle unless instructed to by a certified PVSTP volunteer or FWC employee.
- Become familiar with FL Statutes regarding appropriate behavior around hatchlings, nests and nesting turtles. Any contact is prohibited by lawunless directed to by certified personnel.