Although Google Sketchup is an amazing design tool, sometimes you just need to "get the feel" of a new project. After making a few cases, I noticed that I kept taking them apart to measure things and visualize component placement for a new design. That was fairly tedious. It finally occurred to me that I really needed a case for prototyping.
The C5 prototype case is totally minimalist. I would definitely recommend this as your FIRST case. It's really handy. I have several C5 cases in bright red so I can find them easily:
- 38mm x 38mm x 13mm case
- easy inspection of physical board-to-board interaction
- fast and easy insertion of wiring jumpers
- quick snap-down board insertion
- dual sidewall rulers with 1mm tick marks
- stack-able with 11mm C4 board spacing
- prevents electrical shorts caused by "squished stack of PCB's"
- prevents electrical shorts caused by "metal doohickeys on desk"
- legs provide standoff for bottom-entry accessory boards
- sidewall cutout for oversize or external interfaces (e.g., USB)
- 3D printable pair of C5 cases