Chatter with other Poly Advice Nurse nerds and with me as well! Come hang out on the forum!
And then the very sweet cupcakeofdoom!
The fabulous Undeadbrit!
Then Lady of Dragons!
And then super duper Scolacicco!
And then beloved Robini!
And then Spit!
Then darling Aiyume!
Then Writer Enabler!
And darling Tedpro!
Then along came Nom de Fromage.
Then there was Polyguy94102.
Then along came Xolotl2001.
Then came Aleksei.
Then came Kailara.
Betty Baker was the first user. It all began on June 2, 2010.
Poly Advice Nurse is all about polyamory, pancakes, and eleven polyamorous principles. The Poly Advice Nurse Podcasts are all just a few minutes long, so click on 'em, take a listen, and get some free advice. The Poly Advice Nurse loves to get e-mail, so you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org her a question, argue with her, or praise her. You should also totally find Poly Advice Nurse on Facebook.
My 11 Poly Principles
1. Polyamory is about loving multiple people.
2. Self-sufficiency is an essential relationship skill.
3. Remember that only you are responsible for your own happiness and mental health.
4. Assuming malice is stupid and counterproductive.
5. Chill the fuck out and cut out your hysteria.
6. Don't try to change your partners' fundamental traits.
7. Promote communication and nurture warmth.
8. Impose consequences for lies and unsafe sexual practices, and follow through on them.
9. Treat your crushes, partners, and metamors with respect and civility.
10. Be tender and attentive to all of your lovers.
11. When you're jealous and envious, get a life.
I believe that polyamory is normal, and that polyamorists should be able to operate naturally, without shame, and bolstered by community support. This means reaching out and connecting with other polyamorists, unhiding the poly lifestyle, raising awareness, and spreading communication. We are all in this together; we are not weird, better, wrong, or wiser--we are just people. I adore just people.